Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

OT: extra pair for wednesday's tool show

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

grub
Seasoned Drinker

OT: extra pair for wednesday's tool show

Post by grub »

sorry this is off-topic for our usual beery discussion. i'll let you tune back to your usual programming if this doesn't interest you.

i've got an extra pair of tickets for tomorrow (wednesday) night's sold-out tool show. if there's any beery tool fans in house that are looking for a pair, let me know. section 404, row L, seats 2-1. ticketmaster price for the pair (with fees and such) was $142.85, so that's all i'm asking. send me a PM or email grub@extrapolation.net if you're interested. hopefully i can find a good home for them!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I've got lawns but I'll tell a friend who was hunting for some last week
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

hey all. the show is today, so speak now or forever hold your peace. if i can't find a good home i'll just try to ditch them before the show. thanks!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Work blocks me now so I couldn't answer earlier, but my friend got tix. One hell of a show though.

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Yeah it was pretty good! Now I'm cranking up some Blood Ceremony. They're local, and kick some ass. Like old school 70's prog/Black Sabbath/Jethro Tull flute action

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I'm downloading some Crystal Castles after that drumming last night

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Huh. When I saw this topic I thought it was a spin-off of the home show. I'm a friggin' idiot sometimes.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Bobsy wrote:Huh. When I saw this topic I thought it was a spin-off of the home show. I'm a friggin' idiot sometimes.
Great (or stupid?) minds think alike. I didn't click-in until I saw the price.

I think the lower case 't' threw me... as my mind didn't associate it with a proper name. Damn kids these days... butchering the English language. :D

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Derek wrote:
Bobsy wrote:Huh. When I saw this topic I thought it was a spin-off of the home show. I'm a friggin' idiot sometimes.

I think the lower case 't' threw me... as my mind didn't associate it with a proper name. Damn kids these days... butchering the English language. :D
FYI

tool the band is actually spelled tool, not Tool

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Aww, did i miss the nu-metal concert? So sad.... :cry:
In Beerum Veritas

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

viggo wrote:Yeah it was pretty good! Now I'm cranking up some Blood Ceremony. They're local, and kick some ass. Like old school 70's prog/Black Sabbath/Jethro Tull flute action
Blood Ceremony are AWWWWEEEESSSSSOOOOMMMMME. I saw them about 6 months ago at Sneaky Dees and they effin destroyed. I play their album at work a couple times a week and customers always ask "Who is this?", in a good way. I'm stoked someone else on here digs 'em. They deserve all the praise they get.

Maybe there should be a "What are you listening to/watching now?" thread to turn BTers onto new/different music/film. Not wanting to stray too far from beer, but it is Random Talk after all... :wink:

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

matt7215 wrote:
Derek wrote:

FYI

tool the band is actually spelled tool, not Tool
Yeah, I was refering to them as the damn kids... not Grub. :D

The Liquor Lady

Post by The Liquor Lady »

check this out....Danny Carey was on the cover of Drummersworld mag....
http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Danny_Carey.html

the best drum solo I have ever seen!
Bonnie from the former Niagara Falls Brewing Company...glad I found this place!

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

Well this will teach me for not checking in daily on these forums! One of my favourite bands of all time :cry:

Oh well there's always the next tour, in 5-10 years :lol: