Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Propeller on consignment

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Roland + Russell

Propeller on consignment

Post by Roland + Russell »

We just received Propeller ESB on consignment and it is priced at $65.00 per case of 24 x 341 mL.

Please let us know if you wish to order a case or two.

Available next week will be Propeller London Style Porter. Details to come soon.

Thanks!
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Does this mean that those of us who've had orders for one or both since last year will be getting the cases next week?
lister

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Any chance you'll get the Propeller IPA in a future order?
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Or Revolution?

Roland + Russell

lister wrote:Does this mean that those of us who've had orders for one or both since last year will be getting the cases next week?
Yes it does, the individual POs are being emailed this week. ESB will come first as the Porter is undergoing relabeling.

Thank you so much for your patience.

As far as other Propeller beers are concerned, we will try to bring something new every three months or so, depending on availability. The IPA has been requested many times so we will probably have it in the next order. Hopefully the interest will be sufficient for a quick turnaround.

Cheers,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Opinions on this beer?

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

jaymack wrote:Opinions on this beer?
All the Propeller beers are reviewed here;
http://ratebeer.com/brewers/propeller-brewery/1013/
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Well worth picking up if you haven't tried it before. Its more of a session brew than a knock your socks off brew but its good at what it does.
Last edited by JerCraigs on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Propeller and Fullers are my two favourite ESBs. I've been looking forward to getting Propeller ESB here in Ontario for some time after it was briefly available here numerous years ago as a seasonal (I think.)

I've never tried the porter yet but I have every reason to expect it to be excellent like the ESB.
lister

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

jaymack wrote:Opinions on this beer?
The ESB is highly regarded, but I found it to be mildly disappointing when I was in Halifax. I remember thinking it was a bit like the Durham Signature, but not as good, although that thought just came off one bottle. I'm eager to try it again and prove myself wrong. Here's my BA review:
I was slightly underwhelmed by this East Coast brew that I had been looking forward to for quite some time. The flavour seemed a little subdued, and no one element really pushed it toward greatness. Dark orange body with a smooth creamy head, providing some lacing on the way down. Caramel malt and grassy hops in the aroma. Much the same in the flavour, along with some light fruity esters. Not as strong as the aroma suggested, or as bitter as I would have hoped, but well-balanced nonetheless. The focus seems to be more on the malt. Medium-light body and medium carbonation. Easily drinkable.
The IPA is solid, the Revolution is great, but the pils is one of the best I have ever had. A really solid brewery, and its awesome that R+R are getting them in. The London Porter is reviewed as one of the best beers in Canada on BA:
http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers?this_ ... =CA&style=

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

All of the Propeller brews are really solid - the Pumpkin, Pils, Pale, Christmas, IPA, London Porter, Imperial Stout, and ESB are all way above average for what is typically made (if at all) in these styles in Canada. The only thing I have ever had from them that was disappointing was their Honey Wheat, but that may have been an off bottle.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Meet the guys that brew the beer: http://greatcanadianpubs.blogspot.com/2 ... ng-co.html
The only thing I have ever had from them that was disappointing was their Honey Wheat, but that may have been an off bottle.
And they've discontinued this to make room for more IPA and seasonals, like the Pils, RIS, Pumpkin....

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

lister wrote:Propeller and Fullers are my two favourite ESBs.
I'm a big fan of the Fuller's ESB. If your willing to put Propeller beside Fuller's I may have to look into this.

Cheers,
J

Roland + Russell

Roland + Russell wrote:We just received Propeller ESB on consignment and it is priced at $65.00 per case of 24 x 341 mL.

Please let us know if you wish to order a case or two.

Available next week will be Propeller London Style Porter. Details to come soon.

Thanks!
London Style Porter is available at $80.00 for a case of 12 x 650mL.

You know where to catch us...

Cheers,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Roland + Russell

Hello to all,

We need to clear some consignment space, thus we would like to offer the last few remaining cases of Propeller London Style Porter up for sale at $5.00 off the regular price case price (which was $80.00):

London Style Porter is available at $75.00 for a case of 12 x 650mL.

Please email us if interested.

Best regards,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com