Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dieu du Ciel launch at Volo - Sat Oct 3rd

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Dieu du Ciel launch at Volo - Sat Oct 3rd

Post by GregClow »

HMH Beer Negotiants would like to invite you to spend an evening with Microbrasserie Dieu Du Ciel! on Saturday October 3rd. 2009.

The DDC founders and brewers will be present to celebrate the release of their Peche Mortel (Imperial Coffee Stout) and Corne Du Diable (American IPA) into the LCBO. The tasting will take place between 7pm-2am at Volo (587 Yonge Street), where you will be able to try a handful of Dieu Du Ciel beers on tap and cask.

Beers Available:
Aphrodisiaque – Cocoa and Vanilla Stout
Corne du diable (Horn of the devil) – American Style IPA
Dernière Volonté (Last will) - Abbey-style blond beer
Péché Mortel (Mortal Sin) – Imperial Coffee Stout with Coffee
Rigor Mortis ABT (Rigor Mortis ABT) - Quadrupel
Rosée d'hibiscus (Pinkish Hibiscus) - Hibiscus Flower Wit
Solstice d'hiver 2009 (Winter solstice 2009) – Barley Wine
+ 2 Surprise Casks!

Admission will be $10.00 which includes a Dieu Du Ciel! Glass. $2.00 will be donated to Sick Kids charity. If you would like to return the glass you will receive $8.00 back at the end of the evening.

This is a 19+ event with a capacity of 100 people. Beers are subject to change.
Last edited by GregClow on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

awesome! now i have to find a way to get out of attending a wedding. any tips?

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

devonsleigh wrote:awesome! now i have to find a way to get out of attending a wedding. any tips?
If it ain't anyone important in your life just tell them you have a better offer that night :wink:

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Troy has a full posting of all Volo's upcoming events on his site. There's definitely something for everyone:

http://greatcanadianpubs.blogspot.com/2 ... -mark.html

Kudos to Ralph and the gang - all of these events are absolute gems. Personally, I'm looking forward to the 20 traditional English ales, and the stout/porter challenge. I can't make the DDC night due to another commitment - I've had all but one of the beers mentioned, and it should be a spectacular event.

wilco

Post by wilco »

I'm already waiting outside for this.

These are a lot of incredible events Volo has lined up. They may be rough on my liver and wallet, but my mouth will be in flavour country.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

devonsleigh wrote:awesome! now i have to find a way to get out of attending a wedding. any tips?
tell them you have swine flu and that you don't want em to catch it before the honeymoon.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

The key to faking out the relatives is the clammy hands. It's a good non-specific symptom. A lot of people will tell you that a phony flu is a dead lock, but if you get a nervous family member, you could land in the doctor's office. That's worse than a wedding. What you do is, you fake a stomach cramp, and when you're bent over, moaning and wailing, you lick your palms. It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so are family gatherings.

:P

Save Ferris!
lister

wittaker

Post by wittaker »

Nicely done Lister.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

A T.O event that I will actually be able to attend! See yall there.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Magni

Post by Magni »

I'll be there in celebration of having finished a massive deadline the day before. Volo, you better be ready for me.

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

I'll be attending with my wife on another "beer" date (thankfully I married a beer geek). The beasts will be at home. You'll know who I am--the antisocial idiot discussing late addition hopping.....oh, and shoes.

See ya' there - Peter

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

peterchiodo wrote:I'll be attending with my wife on another "beer" date (thankfully I married a beer geek). The beasts will be at home. You'll know who I am--the antisocial idiot discussing late addition hopping.....oh, and shoes.

See ya' there - Peter
The shoes are a late addition as well? That must be the taste I can't quite pinpoint. :wink:

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

[/quote]
The shoes are a late addition as well? That must be the taste I can't quite pinpoint. :wink:[/quote]

You figured it out, dam you! P-

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Looking forward to meeting you Peter!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

I'm also hoping to make it to this event as well. Is there bartowel protocol? Name tags or hats that I never got? Hopefully I'll get to some fellow bartowlers.