Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Paulaner at Fionn Maccool's?

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Gedge
Bar Fly

Paulaner at Fionn Maccool's?

Post by Gedge »

Not a fan of the establishment, but I keep seeing a sign in the subway advertising Oktoberfest at Fionn Maccool's and the beer in the photo is Paulaner (it doesn't specify which Paulaner, it's beer poured into a Paulaner glass). Now, could it be that they are serving the Paulaner Oktoberfest? The website (www.primepubs.com) is not helpful.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

Gedge wrote:Not a fan of the establishment, but I keep seeing a sign in the subway advertising Oktoberfest at Fionn Maccool's and the beer in the photo is Paulaner (it doesn't specify which Paulaner, it's beer poured into a Paulaner glass). Now, could it be that they are serving the Paulaner Oktoberfest? The website (www.primepubs.com) is not helpful.
Oh, had I known I may have tried to order this yesterday. I was at a Fionn MacCool's (work event) and I was drinking Tankhouse. I didn't see any advertisements in the place for the Oktoberfest beer. For that matter, the Mill Street products weren't on the beer list either, I just saw a Mill Street logo on the waitresses apron and asked what they had.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Even though their menu says they have a special lineup of Octoberfest inspired beer, the Paulaner they are serving is the Lager.

And sad news... Once the current keg of Erdinger Dunkel is finished, they will no longer be serving it. They will continue serving the Erdinger Wheat, but not the Dunkel. So, I have no reason to visit this establishment any longer. :(