Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Local Brews at Chancey Smiths

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Flood

New Local Brews at Chancey Smiths

Post by Flood »

Here are a few new additions at Chancey Smith's

For your enjoyment on Draught:

- Grand River Pale Ale Blend: A blend of Mill Race Mild + Galt Knife

For your enjoyment in bottle:

- Black Oak Oaktoberfest Marzen
- Flying Monkeys Hoptical Illusion

Plenty more to come!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

The grand River Pale Ale blend is actually quite the treat!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Yeah, it is usually on at the kiwi in Cambridge and the blend is a great beer on its own.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

tupalev wrote:Yeah, it is usually on at the kiwi in Cambridge and the blend is a great beer on its own.

Milos was only able to secure one keg, but I am glad he did. The roasty notes of the Mild seemed to be heightened by the addition of the hops from the Galt Knife, and it had an added fruitiness that was quite good. Very glad I got to try this one, and again thanks to the staff at Chancey's for pushing the envelope in ways that will surely make them one of the best beer bars in the province.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!