Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ottawa Business Journal Article - April 20 2009

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

$

Ottawa Business Journal Article - April 20 2009

Post by $ »

This is an older article from April I stumbled upon. I couldn't find a link anywhere here after several searches, but if this has already been posted I apologize in advance. (there is a post about a Beau's article but the link goes to the ottawa citizen which has taken the story down it seems)

http://www.ottawabusinessjournal.com/52533255781567.php

Talks about Beau's issues with the beer store

" told by The Beer Store that it was not obliged to return the empties to the brewer because Beau's beer is not sold in The Beer Store. Beau's beer is only available at about 50 LCBO stores"
"The bottles, which cost the brewer about $2 each, are smashed. "

and it mentions www.freeOurBeer.org in the article

"The website – FreeOurBeer.org – has suggested that the big breweries benefit from the government setting minimum prices. "

notdan

Post by notdan »

Good reminder to NEVER TAKE BEAU'S BOTTLES BACK TO THE BEER STORE.

$

Post by $ »

Their bottles are awesome looking. How could you smash them? The beer store are like barbarians or something...

try a google search to see their bottles, I don't see any on their web site

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&cl ... a=N&tab=wi

Queef

Post by Queef »

girl at the brewery told me a week or two ago that those bottles are gonna be available in the GTA LCBO next week or the week after.
it's beer o'clock.