Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Thanks for the head's up Belgian. I'm going to check stock this morning and if summer hill still has some I am going to pick up a few bottles. I would love to do a side-by-side of the Engine Oil, Ol Dubh 12, and Ol Dubh 40. Just to see what flavours the whiskey casks impart.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

dutchcanuck wrote:Thanks for the head's up Belgian. I'm going to check stock this morning and if summer hill still has some I am going to pick up a few bottles. I would love to do a side-by-side of the Engine Oil, Ol Dubh 12, and Ol Dubh 40. Just to see what flavours the whiskey casks impart.
I was by Summerhill last night, not too long before close, and I estimate they still have over a hundred bottles left.

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Huzzah...good news for me then.

On a seperate note I went to C'est What for dinner last night and I really enjoyed the Black Oak 10 bitter years on keg, the Granite Hopping mad on Cask and finished the night with a Duggan's #9. Food wasn't too bad, but I would pick Volo over C'est what every night of the week.

I love the vibe of the place, but I must say our waiter was kind of a douche. It seemed as if he could careless about his job. Which is kind of annoying, but oh well.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Just grabbed a 6 of Tree Brewing's Hop Head. Such a fine tasting IPA for 5.6%. We need this in Ontario as an LCBO offering.

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Having a Gulden Draak from 2008. The alcohol has really mellowed to the point where I don't notice it, at all. And it's 10.5% ABV.

It's way too sweet this way. Would rather have some of the alcohol present to help balance this one out. I'll drink the bastard anyways :)

carguy

Post by carguy »

Rogue Yellow Snow

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Meantime Chocolate
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

$

Post by $ »

Stone Smoked Porter

hmmm...not sure what to think about the smoke...

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Hoptical Illusion
St. Peter's Winter
My Wet-hopped Imperial Chocolate Stout

My Jingle Belgian I brewed 4 years ago... the spicing has certainly mellowed, but to say it was still overcarbonated would be a serious understatement! (that honey I bottle-conditioned with was way more fermentable than I anticipated).

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Torontoblue wrote:Just grabbed a 6 of Tree Brewing's Hop Head. Such a fine tasting IPA for 5.6%. We need this in Ontario as an LCBO offering.
That was my regular dinker at the inlaws... until the Red Racer IPA!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

$ wrote:Stone Smoked Porter

hmmm...not sure what to think about the smoke...

Sorry $, but your attempt to discredit Mr Walker here is an absolute failure on every possible level. He is an upstanding member of this community, and a valued one.

I appreciate your attempt at humour, but using Jon's pic as your avatar to try to make him look silly is just downright mean. You seem to have at least some semblance of what is right in this world, since that is what you claim to be fighting for, but clearly, you do not.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

SteelbackGuy wrote: Sorry $, but your attempt to discredit Mr Walker here is an absolute failure on every possible level. He is an upstanding member of this community, and a valued one.

I appreciate your attempt at humour, but using Jon's pic as your avatar to try to make him look silly is just downright mean. You seem to have at least some semblance of what is right in this world, since that is what you claim to be fighting for, but clearly, you do not.
Pretty sure the avatar is a picture of $.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Derek wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:Just grabbed a 6 of Tree Brewing's Hop Head. Such a fine tasting IPA for 5.6%. We need this in Ontario as an LCBO offering.
That was my regular dinker at the inlaws... until the Red Racer IPA!
Tree IPA is great, but if I had to pick one Canadian offering to have available at the LCBO, the Red Racer IPA would be it for me. Drank a ton of it on vacation in BC last year.

Drinking a Rogue Double Dead Guy tonight. Boo. Everything that is great about Dead Guy is lost in this incarnation. A big whack of alcohol in the middle separates out the now overyly cloying carmel notes from the suddenly harsh hops at the end. Not everything has to be "BIG".

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

DragonOfBlood wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote: Sorry $, but your attempt to discredit Mr Walker here is an absolute failure on every possible level. He is an upstanding member of this community, and a valued one.

Pretty sure the avatar is a picture of $.

If so my bad, but I thought it was Jon. I don't think we need people trying to discredit others anymore. it really goes against what we are all fighting for. A better Ontario for all of us.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Pretty sure this is Jon.