Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

OCB Discovery Pack #4

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Gedge
Bar Fly

OCB Discovery Pack #4

Post by Gedge »

With thanks to Roger Beal:

Black Oak Nut Brown Ale (was in Discovery Pack #2)
Flying Monkey's Hoptical Illusion
Old Credit Amber Ale
Cameron's Cream Ale
Mill Street Coffee Porter
Wellington Special Pale Ale (was in Discovery Pack #1)

Interestingly, listed as bottles on the LCBO website:

http://www.lcbo.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produc ... ber=168351

My apologies if this information is posted elsewhere or already common knowledge.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Slightly more interesting than previous packs. I'll pick up a few.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

The press release for this pack went around this morning. It was rush released to capitalize on the increased beer sales expected for the Olympics (and I guess the Superbowl as well).

And yes, it's back to bottles for this one.

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Did Old Credit go with the smaller bottle for this, or de we get to enjoy a big-ass bottle of Hoptical?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

jaymack wrote:Did Old Credit go with the smaller bottle for this, or de we get to enjoy a big-ass bottle of Hoptical?
They're all 341 ml bottles.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Glad to see that the OCB is getting bolder. Hopefully it pays off for them
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

icemachine wrote:Glad to see that the OCB is getting bolder. Hopefully it pays off for them

Indeed.
I'm glad they're not doing one thing really, really well.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

Not a bad release at all frankly. 4 out of the six I would buy in a six pack already, nice. :D

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

ill pick up a few of this pack. 5/6 are stuff id happily drink anytime. has anyone had the old credit recently? ive only had it once but that was years ago.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Pass on this one as well.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Always excellent for two reasons- to re-visit old faves, and to check how others are doing.
In Beerum Veritas

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Think I'll take a pass on this and buy a six-pack of the nut brown instead.

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

jaymack wrote:Did Old Credit go with the smaller bottle for this, or de we get to enjoy a big-ass bottle of Hoptical?
I checked and while I know Hoptical is 355mL (we brew it), Old Credit is also 355mL though their bottle is listed as 341ml. That was sort of weird. I'm not quite sure that is what you are asking.

P-

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

Bobsy wrote:Think I'll take a pass on this and buy a six-pack of the nut brown instead.
You're a tough nut to crack Bobsy. I promise to work harder to win you over to our side!

Yours in brewing,
Peter

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

peterchiodo wrote:
I checked and while I know Hoptical is 355mL (we brew it), Old Credit is also 355mL though their bottle is listed as 341ml. That was sort of weird. I'm not quite sure that is what you are asking.

P-
he thought they might all be in bombers. the old credit is mostly packaged in 650ml bottles :)