Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Trafalgar Left Coast Pale Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Found this as a step in the right direction for Trafalgar. I've been less than impressed overall with this brewery and although this beer isn't amazing, it is better than most of their other offerings and I would drink this again. Although I wouldn't go looking for it specifically. Hopefully they continue to improve the quality of their offerings.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Anyone had one recently? Is it holding up? Or is there a new shipment? I'd like to get another one, but I'm afraid.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The_Jester wrote:Anyone had one recently? Is it holding up? Or is there a new shipment? I'd like to get another one, but I'm afraid.
An excellent question, and I'm sure if there was a tasting somebody could bring one along out of morbid (or hopeful?) curiosity, to share the loss (or the surprise.)

Trfalgar are not famous for long bottle life.
In Beerum Veritas

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

I had one on the weekend, purchased in December. Still good (relatively speaking).

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

The_Jester wrote:Anyone had one recently? Is it holding up? Or is there a new shipment? I'd like to get another one, but I'm afraid.

I don't think this is a beer that will hold up, but I guess it should at least last a few months.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Sean M.

Post by Sean M. »

I am having one right now and quite enjoy it. Definitely not clear and a good hop taste. I am no expert, but it sure tastes dry hopped to me.

Mine says best before June 2010. Can the bottled date be guessed from the best before?

For those in Ottawa, I got it from the LCBO on Richmond Road near Kirkwood.

I am disappointed to hear about the quality issues though. Makes me nervous about buying more.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Sean M. wrote:I am no expert, but it sure tastes dry hopped to me.
The dry-hopping definitely gives this a nice aroma, but that's about all it had going for it. I found it pretty mediocre.

seanm

Post by seanm »

TJ wrote:
Sean M. wrote:I am no expert, but it sure tastes dry hopped to me.
The dry-hopping definitely gives this a nice aroma, but that's about all it had going for it. I found it pretty mediocre.
I will forgive you because of the cool avatar :D

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Had my first one tonight and the taste was like hop infused Palmolive dish soap. Not pleasant though under the detergent taste there were some other notes that had promise. Would try again but, as expected, this Trafalgar beer seemed poorly executed.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.