Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Project X on the Road

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

kiwi

Project X on the Road

Post by kiwi »

We at Great Lakes Brewery have decided to take Project X on the Road. The first one is at Corks Wine Bar, 19 Queen St, Niagara on the Lake, Feb 12 @ 7pm. The next at The Thirsty Cactus, 2 King St East, Dundas, Feb 25 @ 7pm. Format is simple $10 gets you your first pint of Great Lakes product on Tap, samples of the 2 casks and some food provided by the bar. More will be planned to Guelph, London. Hope to see some of you there and discuss short pours, LCBO, Hops etc..

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Thanks for the update. I will attend the London events, and I will also do my best to make sure they are well attended.

I'm surprised to see something good at the thirsty cactus....that place was always a hole when I lived in the area. Good for them!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Hey if it makes it to London I'm in

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Bring it to Vancouver!
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

So is there still the brewery event on the second thursday of each month as well?

Aside: I only went to the thristy cactus a couple of times, but I was a regular at the thristy camel in the mid-90's. Cheap food, decent beer, and you could do your laundry too! (and no, I never took a ride inside the industrial-sized drier).

kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Project X at the brewery remains the same. This is giving an opportunity for some of the 905'ers a chance to try some delicious cask ales. BTW Thirsty Cactus always has Devils and /or our sesonal on tap and of course Horseshoe and Red Leaf.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

kiwi wrote: This is giving an opportunity for some of the 905'ers a chance to try some delicious cask ales.
One less reason to feel sorry for 'em not living in GTA! :P
In Beerum Veritas

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

I'll be at Corks for the event on feb. 12, 2010. Oh SO very excited. thanks for doing this guys. I will see how many people I can bring to the event.

Cheers,
The DutchCanuck

kiwi

Post by kiwi »

We at Great Lakes are excited to announce Chancey Smiths March 2, 7pm will be the next Project X on the Road. There are two more in the works and we will keep you updated on the times and locations.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

kiwi wrote:We at Great Lakes are excited to announce Chancey Smiths March 2, 7pm will be the next Project X on the Road. There are two more in the works and we will keep you updated on the times and locations.

Most excellent news good sir. Nice meeting you today by the way :)
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

kiwi

Post by kiwi »

We dont usually say much about the beers before the Poject X we want it to be a surprize but the Eisenshcniederdunkelmiamivise will be a hit for sure. Nice to meet you to, thanks for the support.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Bring this travelling show up to Barrie, please!

Milos

Post by Milos »

As far as I can tell, this will be a first in London!!
So many beers and so little time!!

kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Barrie it is !! we just need a venue. Normally it would be nothing north of 7 but, we will make an exception for mintjelli cask nite. So far we have;
1 Corks Wine Bar Feb 12, Niagara on the Lake
2 Thirsty Cactus Feb 25, Dundas
3 Chancey Smiths March 2, London
4 Feathers Pub March 29, Toronto East
Proposed
Guelph, Barrie, Hamilton
Any other suggestions welcome

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Markham