Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Project X on the Road

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

northyorksammy wrote:Markham
Mooseonee
Red Lake
Pelee Island
Attawapiskat
Marathon
Blind River
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Milos

Post by Milos »

Ordered our casks last night. I am really looking forward to this!
So many beers and so little time!!

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

kiwi wrote:Barrie it is !! we just need a venue. Normally it would be nothing north of 7 but, we will make an exception for mintjelli cask nite. So far we have;
1 Corks Wine Bar Feb 12, Niagara on the Lake
2 Thirsty Cactus Feb 25, Dundas
3 Chancey Smiths March 2, London
4 Feathers Pub March 29, Toronto East
Proposed
Guelph, Barrie, Hamilton
Any other suggestions welcome
I am in Camridge, so would defintely attend an event in Guelph.

Golden Kiwi in Cambridge would be a good place for a stop too.

Milos

Post by Milos »

Hey Simon.

Is the T-shirt Project X or Great Lakes?

Milos

Post by Milos »

Thanks, Simon.

So it is Project X T!!!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Herro Miros!!
You guys at Chancey's are rearry rearry great.

I rook forward to project x with a rot of optimism.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Milos

Post by Milos »

I'm quite excited. People are signing up and many are still asking. Look like it will be a full house!!

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Just wanted to let people know that i attended the one in niagara on the lake and it was an awesome time. 2 buddies and myself went and loved the beer we had and milo (kiwi) was a really cool guy who answered all of our questions and more. The beers they had were a jager bomb blond that used spices instead of hops, and bloody l which was a really nice english ipa. look forward to attending another one sometime soon. thanks great lakes.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Was at the London event last night (of course).
Great event! A fantastic time was had by all. The beers were absolutely great. We were treated to Neutron Bomb IIPA, Black Forest Cake Porter, and the newest offering from Great Lakes, Eisenschniderdunkelmiami Weisse, a dunkel weizen eisbock that was hopped so well, I had to keep going back for more.

All 3 casks were a real treat, and it showcased what these guys are capable of. And let me tell you, these guys are capable of a lot. All of the cask beers I mentioned were absolutely world class. And we also got treated to the newest batch of Devil's 666, which is 100% improved over older, sweeter batches.

Hats off the the guys at great lakes (you know who you are), and also to Milos and the staff at Chancey Smith's for hosting such a stellar event. Can't wait for the next one!

Milos

Post by Milos »

Lenny.
It was a great night. Few people might have little foggy memories of it. There was absolutely nothing left if those three casks. Yes, three. As a suprise, Simon arrived with three and it was sooo goood.