Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

High Park

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JB

Post by JB »

One of our favourite local bars, Bryden's, at Jane & Bloor, is now offering cask ale. In addition to their 10 + craft beer taps, this is a pretty sweet place to drink some great beer and watch the game in a cozy setting (i think the capacity is less than 60).

Bryden's will be featuring our pilot brews regularly on cask, so head on over to try our one-off creations. We've currently got a dry hopped pale ale on offer, with more to come.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Tapsucker wrote: I don't even put up with that crap at C'est What
I don't get the problem with C'est What, they are extremely off-beat but I enjoy that in a place.

Not anyone's fault if this puts them off! Maybe we're a reactive (not proactive) culture, ie. one that quickly gets angry at serving people rather than makes a small return effort to connect with servers as just people. "Not my job!" - and you're completely right of course. The Only Café can be just as flaky, but I would not change it one tiny bit - just because it IS so non-corporate, and the people are more real.
In Beerum Veritas

Soods

Post by Soods »

I was in Bryden's this week and the following beers were on offer:

On cask: Black Oak Hop Bomb

Taps: Grand River Galt Knife Lager
Great Lakes Canuck Pale Ale
Great Lakes Horseshoe Lager
Great Lakes Red Leaf Lager
Mill Street Cobblestone Stout
Flying Monkey's Hoptical Illusion
Denison's Dunkel
Mill Street Organic Lager
St. Ambroise Cream Ale
Steamwhistle

More than that, but I can't remember the others.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Brydens seems the place to go for good beer in Bloor West. Will head there some time soon.