Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Grist Sorghum Beer

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

New Grist Sorghum Beer

Post by mintjellie »

:cry: This stuff is awful. If I were a praying man, I'd be praying that none of us ever require a gluten-free diet.

D / 2.2
look: 4 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | drink: 1
rDev: -22.3%

Pale straw with a meringue-like head. The head dies down pretty quickly, but leaves a thin layer over the beer that sticks around for awhile. Leaves behind a pretty lace. There's something about it's aroma that I find antiseptic and unpleasant. There's some apple and lemon in the aroma as well. The apple isn't like sour green apple, but more like apple juice. It tastes lemony and sweetish, with only a little bit of apple. There some tartness and harshness to it, and that antiseptic nose seems to affect the palate as well. It really doesn't taste as bad as it smells though. Light-bodied and finely carbonated. Despite being thin and watery, it isn't very refreshing at all. I'm pretty happy I'm not on some kind of gluten-free diet. If I couldn't tolerate gluten, I'd give up beer rather than drink this.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 03-08-2010 05:39:37