Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Black Oak Ten Bitter Years

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Torpedo

Black Oak Ten Bitter Years

Post by El Torpedo »

Anyone know if this is still in stock at their store? I've tried calling there several times over the past couple days, but it always goes to voice mail. I'd rather not make the trip to Etobicoke unless I know it's there. Thanks!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

it wasnt bottled so are you looking for a keg?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I believe it will be available in bottles and on draught sometime very soon.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

SteelbackGuy wrote:I believe it will be available in bottles
in for several cases. :o

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi Everybody
We'll be brewing up a full batch of 10 Bitter years in about 2 weeks time.

Packaging machine issues caused all kind of problems and forced us to keg off the first batch.

We've got most of these issues solved (fingers and toes crossed for good luck)

Rough guess is it should be ready 1st or 2nd week of March, in both bottle and keg (with some cask for the lucky bars).
Bottles will only be available through the on-site retail store.

Pricing and exact time lines will be released when its close to being released.

Sorry about not answering the phone, we don't have that many staff (can't
afford it) and I won't rush to answer the phone just as its going into voicemail or I get some useless sales pitch that wastes more time.

I'm glad you've been enjoying the 10 Bitter Years

Cheers
Ken

El Torpedo

Post by El Torpedo »

Thanks for the update Ken. Looking forward to March!

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

I can't wait Ken!! I've only had it twice, but I'm hooked. I look forward to drinking in this in its bottled form in March.

The DutchCanuck

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote:Hi Everybody
We'll be brewing up a full batch of 10 Bitter years in about 2 weeks time.

Rough guess is it should be ready 1st or 2nd week of March, in both bottle and keg (with some cask for the lucky bars).
Ken,

Are you still on target for early March?

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

bump :)

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

herrorara wrote:bump :)
I'm guessing it is going to be ready soon because it is on the menu for the Black Oak beer dinner at Chancey's in a couple weeks.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
herrorara wrote:bump :)
I'm guessing it is going to be ready soon because it is on the menu for the Black Oak beer dinner at Chancey's in a couple weeks.
excellent. can't wait to pick some up. sadly, i can't make the dinner because of work hours.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

any chance of finding this in the GTA this weekend?

Spab

Post by Spab »

matt7215 wrote:any chance of finding this in the GTA this weekend?
Probably too late but, it was on tap at Volo last night. As good as I remembered it. I'm dying to hear if it's available in bottles yet.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

I emailed blackoak because i wanted to pick some up, and the reply said that it wont be ready for bottles until 2nd week of april.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Got to sample this three weeks ahead of schedule at the Black Oak Beer Dinner at Chancey Smith's. Big thanks to Ken and Adrian for bringing this beast down to London! Here's my review from BA:

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | drink: 4 | overall: 4.4 (A)

"Pours a golden amber/orange with one finger of cream white head and speckles of webbed lacing all over the shaker. Smell is a strong bouquet of flowery hops, pine needles, citrus, and herbal aromas. Taste is pink grapefruit, mandarin oranges, lemon, toasted wheat cracker, sweet caramel malt, and alcohol. Finishes with a big smack of bright, fruity, and citric hop bitterness that sticks to the palate for quite some time. Medium mouthfeel is juicy and acidic with a bold and spicy hop bite and mild dryness to end. A beautiful beer, and no doubt one of the best in Ontario. Can't wait to grab some more of this in mid-April!"