Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Anchor Liberty

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jaymack

Anchor Liberty

Post by jaymack »

Found a nice stash of the Anchor Liberty Ale in Burlington on Friday. It's been awhile since I had this one and forgot how refreshing it is. Think I'll head back and load up on a few more.

They also had a boatload of Duvel which I scooped a few of as well.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

I had one tonight it was definitely better than the others I recently had. As you say, very refreshing.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

anchor liberty was my introduction to hops, and i never looked back!

great stuff when its on

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

For anyone who hasn't noticed, the Anchor Liberty is marked down to $3.55/bottle. That's an insanely good price considering the quality of the beer and the fact that you're getting 650ml worth!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

biegaman wrote:...you're getting 650ml worth!
... which is approx 650 ml. Yep, that's a quality beer for stupid cheap, no six-pack beers compare for value.

I was already saying Dogfish 60 and Brutal Bitter are so much better than I last remember. Go hops...
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I didn't know it had come down in price. Thanks for the update guys. I'll be sure to grab a couple tonight.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

TJ

Post by TJ »

Yup, great beer and I also noticed they seem to have increased the distribution on this one. It's a steal at $3.55.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Pretty fucking tasty hops. Solid stuff.
In Beerum Veritas

Hamilton Brian

Post by Hamilton Brian »

Always a bunch available at the Dundurn LCBO in Hamilton (I'd like to think it's because I'd usually buy a box when I purchased it).

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Usually my go to in the LCBO when I can't find any of the new releases. As someone mentioned earlier it's a steal at 3.55

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Hamilton Brian wrote:Always a bunch available at the Dundurn LCBO in Hamilton (I'd like to think it's because I'd usually buy a box when I purchased it).
Mall Road blows through it pretty fast, that and the Anchor Steam when they have it it stock, actually I prefer the Anchor Steam.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Had one tonight. Forgot how great this beer is.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Just so ya'll know, it is only at this price for a couple more weeks, then it goes back to the regular price.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Jazdi

Post by Jazdi »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Just so ya'll know, it is only at this price for a couple more weeks, then it goes back to the regular price.
So you're saying the sale will be on longer than the March 28 the website claims?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Jazdi wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Just so ya'll know, it is only at this price for a couple more weeks, then it goes back to the regular price.
So you're saying the sale will be on longer than the March 28 the website claims?
Nope. That is when it ends. I wasn't sure of the dates, but I thought our LTO period went a little longer at this time because it is "year end" for us. Guess I was wrong.