Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mondial 2010

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

LondonBeer

Mondial 2010

Post by LondonBeer »

I know it's early but just found out my friend has to go to Montreal for work the same week as the beer fest. This works out great as it means I get a free trip to Montreal and a hotel. Anybody else planning on going? This will be my 3rd time going so hopefully the weather is nice.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I'm pretty sure that my wife is going to allow me to go. My first time. I'm pumped.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I am bailing this year in favour of some other trips planned this summer.

My strategy in previous years was to go as soon as the doors open in the morning and then leave when it starts to get insanely busy (especially on Friday and Saturday) in favour of touring the local brewpubs.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Alas, I am not going this year. Like Jer, I've got a bunch of other trips planned.

Agree with Jer's strategy - get to Mondial as soon as it opens to avoid the crowds (and get some seats). If sitting outside, try to get some shade (or bring appropriate gear) as it can get quite hot.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I'll be there for the first time!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

My friend has to work during the day so I will do some "scouting" while it is not very busy at the start of the day. It will be tough but someone needs to take one for the team and do the research.

wilco

Post by wilco »

I should be there for the first time

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

LondonBeer wrote:I know it's early but just found out my friend has to go to Montreal for work the same week as the beer fest. This works out great as it means I get a free trip to Montreal and a hotel. Anybody else planning on going?
Yeah thanks for the hotel offer, I'm in!! :lol:
In Beerum Veritas

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Belgian wrote:
LondonBeer wrote:I know it's early but just found out my friend has to go to Montreal for work the same week as the beer fest. This works out great as it means I get a free trip to Montreal and a hotel. Anybody else planning on going?
Stay on your own side of the bed!

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

first timer here as well, can't wait. my trunk will definitely be at full capacity with Quebec beers for the drive back.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

For anyone looking to do some purchases. Might I suggest Depanneur Peluso (Bonisoir). 2500 Rachael E. It's around the corner from my brother-in-laws and I've been there many times. They built an addition in the back for the sole purpose of craft beer. If they don't carry every beer available in Quebec I'd be surprised. Super nice employees and if the owner is there, he'll walk you through the place and is extremely knowledgeable.

It's just east of downtown. Maybe a 10 min drive from downtown and very worth the trip.

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

cfrancis wrote:For anyone looking to do some purchases. Might I suggest Depanneur Peluso (Bonisoir). 2500 Rachael E. It's around the corner from my brother-in-laws and I've been there many times. They built an addition in the back for the sole purpose of craft beer. If they don't carry every beer available in Quebec I'd be surprised. Super nice employees and if the owner is there, he'll walk you through the place and is extremely knowledgeable.

It's just east of downtown. Maybe a 10 min drive from downtown and very worth the trip.
For those who haven't visited Peluso yet, I second this recommendation. Best place to get beer in Montreal, prices maybe a tick higher than some places but worth it to get everything in one place.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

LondonBeer wrote:
Belgian wrote:
LondonBeer wrote: I get a free trip to Montreal and a hotel. Anybody else planning on going?
Stay on your own side of the bed!
Done. I never need more than 75% of the bed and I sleep like a stone.

A very LOUD stone.
In Beerum Veritas

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

The product list is out, eh?
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

The_Jester wrote:The product list is out, eh?
I was looking at that. Hopfenstark is going to have a Helles as their special.
They will also have the Berliner Weiss from last year.
I'll be leading the Newfoundland delegation to Mondial. There are two of us so far :wink: