Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

There's a New Girl in Town...

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Keep6 Imports

There's a New Girl in Town...

Post by Keep6 Imports »

There's a New Girl in Town!
Central City Red Racer IPA (6.5%) 355mL

Central City Brewing Co. and HMH Negotiants, are excited to announce the release of Central City Red Racer IPA for private order in Ontario! Central City, out of Surrey BC, have become known for their true to taste styles, funky labels, and use of cans. With their growing popularity, and great taste, it’s no wonder why Central City is a top rated Canadian Brewery, and why beer lovers, and patio drinkers alike would love to have this aggressively hopped IPA in their fridge.

This award winning IPA, is an ale that was fashioned to survive the long voyage from England to India during the British colonization. Hops, hops, and more hops, this ale has an intense aroma and a long lingering finish. Drink as an appetizer on its own, or pair it with a hearty dish. A beer for the connoisseur, this is a brew not to be missed.

If you are interested in placing an order, please e-mail your name, phone number, address, email and the quantity you are interested in ordering to sales@hmhnegotiants.com. This order will be closing Wednesday, May 12th, 2010. For more information on how private ordering works, please visit http://www.hmhnegotiants.com/aboutprivateordering.html.

Alcohol by volume: 6.5%
Price: Approx: $75.00* (24 x 355mL) Cans
*Prices may fluctuate based on freight rate.

www.hmhnegotiants.com | www.centralcitybrewing.ca
Last edited by Keep6 Imports on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Cool.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

if anyone in the niagara region wants to split on a case pm me and we'll figure something out.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Just placed my order for this. If any of the London Bar Towelers are interested in splitting the case, send me a PM or let me know at Chancey's!
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

This stuff is friggin awesome. You people looking to split cases... don't! Keep it all for yourself ;)

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Certainly worth getting at least a full case, this beer is frickin' amazing! Though my only concern is that with ordering IPAs, by the time they get here they are hardly at their prime any more.... Too bad this arcane system doesn't treat the beer with the respect it should.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

at least it comes in cans though. They definetly help preserve the beer longer i think. I have never had a bad can, but plenty of skunked bottles of beer.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

ritzkiss wrote:Though my only concern is that with ordering IPAs, by the time they get here they are hardly at their prime any more.... Too bad this arcane system doesn't treat the beer with the respect it should.
That's what they use to say in India...

NOT! :wink:

Seriously though, it's phenominal when it's fresh, but even with a little age it's better than most IPAs.

I'm really anxious to try their DIPA, but it's pretty rare & I never seem to be in Surrey when it's on.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

I phoned in with my credit card info today. From what I was told, in just two days this order has already racked up more interest than any of the previous releases have.
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I'm just trying to decide whether I want 1 or 2 cases. I'll probably order 2.

When would the expected delivery of this order be?

evansj

Post by evansj »

Central City's IPA is really really good. One of my favourite IPAs. A store in Halifax carries it, along with 4 or 5 of their other beers.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

evansj wrote:Central City's IPA is really really good. One of my favourite IPAs. A store in Halifax carries it, along with 4 or 5 of their other beers.
At this moment its also ranked as the 98th best beer on Beer Advocate based in user reviews: http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Bobsy wrote:
evansj wrote:Central City's IPA is really really good. One of my favourite IPAs. A store in Halifax carries it, along with 4 or 5 of their other beers.
At this moment its also ranked as the 98th best beer on Beer Advocate based in user reviews: http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers
currently not in the top 100 IPA's on ratebeer :-?

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

matt7215 wrote:
Bobsy wrote: At this moment its also ranked as the 98th best beer on Beer Advocate based in user reviews: http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers
Well there's all the proof I need that BA > RB!

I tried this beer for the first time last night and loved it. I ordered 2 cases of it without trying it... so eagerly waiting for them to get here!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

kwjd wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
Bobsy wrote: At this moment its also ranked as the 98th best beer on Beer Advocate based in user reviews: http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers
Well there's all the proof I need that BA > RB!

I tried this beer for the first time last night and loved it. I ordered 2 cases of it without trying it... so eagerly waiting for them to get here!
the 98th best beer on ratebeer is currently:

3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze Vintage