Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ottawa

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

The Hogsback website seems to have been updated in the past day or two with a wider list of places to find it on tap and an article from TAPS magazine, among other things.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

I had the Hogsback at the Wellington Gastropub last Thursday, so it is starting to appear in a few places.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Just a heads up that the two main bottle shops in Ottawa/Gatineau are about to get better.

Marche Jovi/Marche Omni, I was in there on Wednesday and speaking to the owner. He is adding an extra shelf the entire length of the existing shelving. Also adding shelving in between coolers where he had cases stacked. With more to come. He said that he has 120 cases on order to be coming in soon to fill said shelves.

Trappe a Fromage in Gatineau is doing a massive renovation currently that will completely alter the outside of the building. Where before their beer section was in an alcove past the cashiers, in the new addition there will be a "proper beer section" Again I was speaking to an older lady (don't know if she's an owner but definitely knows her beer!) and she made reference that old selection was crap and that the new section will be "magnifique!"

Looking forward to both reno's to be done and fully stocked!!

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

cfrancis wrote:Just a heads up that the two main bottle shops in Ottawa/Gatineau are about to get better.
I knew I woke up early on a Saturday for a reason, and that reason was to read this post. Too excited, won't be able to get back to sleep! :D

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

I just read that Kichesippi Natural Blonde is now on tap in Ottawa
http://www.kbeer.ca

Looks like the Cheshire Cat is the place to go if you want to try both new Ottawa additions.

A youtube video of the first offical pour, presumably at the Cheshire Cat:

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

cfrancis wrote:Just a heads up that the two main bottle shops in Ottawa/Gatineau are about to get better.
The June trip to Ottawa is looking better already :lol:

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

A youtube video of the first offical pour, presumably at the Cheshire Cat:
That's not the Cat.. Johnny Farina's perhaps? Regardless, will have to give it a try the next time I'm out. I've got to give these guys some respect for using a gar pike as their mascot if nothing else.
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

JimC

Post by JimC »

New bottle shop opened up last last week, it blows Jovi away for Quebec micros, http://www.brouehaha.com/

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

JimC wrote:New bottle shop opened up last last week, it blows Jovi away for Quebec micros, http://www.brouehaha.com/
Details? No list on their site.