Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Had a couple non craft drinkers over for a BBQ (This could be a weekly theme)

Green Flash West Coast
Goose Island Honkers Ale

Honkers was an absolute hit. I was the only one to drink the Green Lash which suited me just fine- more in my fridge for the weekend.

carguy

Post by carguy »

Mill Street Tankhouse

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

had a muskoka pilsner light, then a sam smith organic raspberry, now sippin a homebrewed sour brown saison

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Wow, having a Bells Expedition (thanks Matt) and it's as if Goose Island brewed the Yeti Stout - only they did it much smoother and better. My first Bells beer and how tasty it is.

Before that an Avery 16th Anniversary Peach Saison.
In Beerum Veritas

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

With a couple of import and local exceptions, a steady diet of boring crappy lagers (local & import macros) until last night when a Schloss Eggenberg Hopfenkönig, Fullers bottle conditioned IPA and Belhaven Twisted Thistle were had at a BBQ here in Taiwan.

If it wasn't for the fact that the Ontario & USA beers that I brought over were for my girlfriends brother I'd be tearing into them. *sigh* Despite the bitching about Ontario there are some places still years behind us.

I'll type up a "best of" post on Taiwan in the Local Beer Guide section a bit later for anyone who's coming here in the future. There is some good stuff here but you have to do a little work to get it.
lister

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Short's Golden Rule
Upright Brewing Gose
Picaroon's Best Bitter (anything but best...)
Clipper City Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
Bell's Consecrator Dopplebock
Hair of the Dog 2006 Doggie Claws
Shipyard Signature Series Barleywine
Biergotter APA

Good times drinking outside.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Charlevoix Dominus Vobiscum Lupulus

Might be the best beer I've ever had.

carguy

Post by carguy »

Flying Monkeys Netherworld

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

carguy wrote:Flying Monkeys Netherworld
Did they bottle another batch?

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Just got back from the Calgary International Beerfest. Drank many beers, very few of which were worth remembering. Made Toronto's Festival of Beer look positively stellar in comparison, which is sad in it's own right.

Now trying to salvage the night by drinking a Half Pints Weizenheimer.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

drinking some waterloo wheat after taking the dog for a walk. such a great refreshing beer at a low price. Nice citrus taste to it, kind of pinappley to me. Very refreshing. Cant say enough good stuff about this beer. Great price and taste. Denisons Weisse and this will make up a large portion of my summer drinking.

acromion23

Post by acromion23 »

Really? When I first tried the Waterloo Wheat, it was pure ass. I'll have to give it another go.

In the last 3 days, had:

Bells Two Hearted
Rogue Shakespeare Stout
Motor City Ghettoblaster
Great Lakes Eliot Ness
Great Lakes Burning River
Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald
New Holland Cabin Fever
Dogfish Head Aprihop
Breckinridge Vanilla Porter

Plenty more variety to go, thanks to a visiting friend from Michigan.

Life is good when one can add to this post!
かんぱい。

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Anchor Porter..............looking at the Best Before Date on the label, this beer was bottled in April 2010...............and boy is it fresh. This sixer ain't gonna last long tonight!!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Belgian wrote: Wow, having a Bells Expedition (thanks Matt) and it's as if Goose Island brewed the Yeti Stout - only they did it much smoother and better. My first Bells beer and how tasty it is.
+1 on the Expedition. It's currently my highest rated beer on BA. Only a handful of beers that I like more. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

Philli night tonight. Watching the goal fest and drinking Victory beer. Hop Devil and Yakima, maybe Storm King later... Go Flyers!