Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Project X bottles

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JB

Project X bottles

Post by JB »

Hi all,

Quick heads up that we have a limited amount of the following bottles (650ml) available:

- My Bitter Wife IPA
- My Bitterer Wife Double IPA
- Lackey's Flaskey
- Redneck American Pale Ale

All of the above are $6.95 including a $1 charitable donation.

Only available from our retail store, while supplies last!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

JB wrote:Hi all,

Quick heads up that we have a limited amount of the following bottles (650ml) available:

- My Bitter Wife IPA
- Lackey's Flaskey

I was in at the Brewery 2 weeks ago and told tye retail person we had treked in from the tri city area in hopes of buying a few stray bottles of project X beers that may be kicking about. We were told no such commodity exists. What's up with this? Does your retail staff have it in for Tri City guys?? :wink:
Aventinus rules!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

pootz wrote:
JB wrote:Hi all,

- My Bitter Wife IPA
- Lackey's Flaskey

I was in at the Brewery 2 weeks ago and told tye retail person we had treked in from the tri city area in hopes of buying a few stray bottles of project X beers that may be kicking about. We were told no such commodity exists. What's up with this? Does your retail staff have it in for Tri City guys?? :wink:

Dave, you are a retail store whore!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JB

Post by JB »

Sometimes it's tough to predict when we'll have specialty bottles available, especially during the craziness of the summer.

But we definitely have a stockpile of Miami Weiss bottles available now which should last us for a few weeks. As we did a larger batch of it, we're selling them for $4.95 a bottle.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Ahhh crap. I wish I didn't live in Ottawa...

Anyone want to trade for some tasty Quebec beers?

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

SteelbackGuy wrote:

Dave, you are a retail store whore!
Sorry for clipping the state retail monopoly guys out of their retail skim :wink:
Aventinus rules!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

JB wrote:Sometimes it's tough to predict when we'll have specialty bottles available, especially during the craziness of the summer.

But we definitely have a stockpile of Miami Weiss bottles available now which should last us for a few weeks. As we did a larger batch of it, we're selling them for $4.95 a bottle.
Please inform your retail staff so in the future those who drive in from the outlands are not met with blank stares when they ask for excess P-X bottled beers :wink:

BTW is the "Lackey's Flaskey" just "Lackey's Caskey" in a bottle verson (bottle=flaskey)
Aventinus rules!

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

pootz wrote: BTW is the "Lackey's Flaskey" just "Lackey's Caskey" in a bottle verson (bottle=flaskey)
Yes. And it took an entire afternoon with our best marketing people to come up with that pearl!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Lackey wrote:
pootz wrote: BTW is the "Lackey's Flaskey" just "Lackey's Caskey" in a bottle verson (bottle=flaskey)
Yes. And it took an entire afternoon with our best marketing people to come up with that pearl!
You're in deep trouble. The marketing dept. seems to be wading in the shallow end of the gene pool. :lol:
Aventinus rules!

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

They are out of the My Bitter Wife and My Bitterer Wife now.

The girl behind the counter was of the opinion that they would brew it again as it was quite popular.

I picked up two Lackey's Flaskey and two Red Neck.

addendum:Lackey's is good. Red Neck is REALLY good.

wittaker

Post by wittaker »

Having some some Bitterer Wife right now. It's really good.
Please keep the fridge stocked with these and I'll be by once a week.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

wittaker wrote:Having some some Bitterer Wife right now. It's really good.
Please keep the fridge stocked with these and I'll be by once a week.

I believe the Bitterer Wife was Lackey's recipe?? Correct me if I am wrong.......I was quite blitzed when we spoke at Chancey Smith's. In any event, one of my favourite Ontario beers ever!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The Lackey's Flasky was indeed very good, regret I missed a few others.

GL Project X bottlings have the life span of a may fly LOL. I'm glad they found a way to capitalize on the pilot brewing system experiments.
In Beerum Veritas

Soods

Post by Soods »

Dropped by Great Lakes today and picked up some Miami Weiss and some of the My Bitter Wife.

They also had the some of the Pompous Ass Pale Ale in Project X bottles.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Very few Pompous and Bitter Wife remain today. Fair number Miami. The Islay Barrel Aged Red Leaf Imperial Lager was also very tempting!
In Beerum Veritas