Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bar Towel Gathering?

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

OK, decision time. I think Thursday would be a good night, and I'm leaning towards Ciro's, since Frank has already offered to host an event, and most people probably have not been out there.

Do one of the following dates work:

March 11
March 18
March 25

(I cannot do March 4th).

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Any of those dates work for me...

KP: If I do pop into BeerBistro for lunch, who do I ask for to say Hello?? Do you work there? I might try to pop in later in the week, I have a client at Adelaide & Victoria, literally steps away...

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

The 11th is iffy for me, but the later two look fine.

I'm planning on going to Ciro's with some friends on Friday this week, so if we get a date mailed down in the next couple of days, I can confirm it with Frank.

Publican

Post by Publican »

I'd prefer March 18

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

11th or 18th

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

The 18th could work for me. The other dates are out.

Joe.

Zymurgy

Post by Zymurgy »

My first choice would be the 11th, if not the 18th. The 25th is too close to ABA (Anticipated Baby Arrival) :eek:

DukeofYork = Richard

Post by DukeofYork = Richard »

I would prefer the 11th, in fact.

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

On 2004-02-24 12:04, JWalter wrote:
Any of those dates work for me...

KP: If I do pop into BeerBistro for lunch, who do I ask for to say Hello?? Do you work there? I might try to pop in later in the week, I have a client at Adelaide & Victoria, literally steps away...
mr walter,

come into beerbistro and ask for jess in the kitchen(there's also one on the floor), although if you asked for kid presentable a few people would still know who you were talking about. I'm around mostly weekdays during the luch shift until around5-6pm. ask to sit at the chef's table. hope to see you soon.

kp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kid Presentable on 2004-02-25 20:50 ]</font>

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

KP: Cool, thanks, My name is John by the way, please don't call me Mr. Walter anymore.... ;^) I will try to drop by one day, thanks for the invite...

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

It looks like we have a majority for the 18th. Do we want to book this date then?

Greg - would you be able to chat with Frank about us coming by?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

On 2004-02-27 15:42, Cass wrote:
Greg - would you be able to chat with Frank about us coming by?
Sure, I'll mention it if I see him tonight.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

It was pretty busy at Ciro's last night, so I only had a chance to briefly mention the Bar Towel night to Frank, but he is still interested in hosting us and the date was fine for him.

I will probably be there again on Monday night when it should be much quieter, so I'll talk with him a bit more then to firm up the details.

gongu

Post by gongu »

Just to add my new 2 cents worth. I could do
Mar. 18 on the Bar Towel pub nite. Cheers

bulba

Post by bulba »

I can make it for July 28th...I figure by the time a decision is made that'll be a good date.