Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LHBS in Burlington?

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Peter Collins

LHBS in Burlington?

Post by Peter Collins »

Hi everybody,

This is a quick and dirty request and of little consequence if there is nothing available but...

I'm live in Cambridge, ON with very little in the way of LHBS. I'm going to be in the west end of Toronto (Humber College) this afternoon and making a pit stop in Burlington on the way home. Is there any decent LHBS in the way that I could get some decent LME/specialty grains/yeast for batch or two?

I usually head to London for my supplies because I'm normally there once a week for teaching but that is done now until September. I'll be back there but less often for the next little bit.

Your help is appreciated.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

nicklebrook/better bitters will be able to help you

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

You can also try brewtime in Hamilton. They are up near the airport at
1638 Upper James St. just South of Rymal Rd.
905-385-BREW (385-2739)

or their branch location
38 Centennial Pkwy N.
across from East Gate Mall
905-560-3394

I've bought some grains and hops from them before and they are trying to bring in more homebrew related stuff.
Nickelbrook is right on your way past Burlington though (right next to the Burlington Go Station), you can get pellet hops, grain, some standard yeasts. I've bought some pale LME there too, about $6 a litre.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

Excellent! Thanks, guys.

I'm heading to Nickel Brook and will get what I need there. I'll see what else is available and scope it out for a new possibility for supplies.

Cheers

Lager Bore

Post by Lager Bore »

Peter Collins wrote:Excellent! Thanks, guys.

I'm heading to Nickel Brook and will get what I need there. I'll see what else is available and scope it out for a new possibility for supplies.

Cheers
John Romano at NickelBrook/Better Bitters was extremely helpful to me when I got back into brewing a few years back. He basically dropped everything and I left with a whack of brewing supplies.
Good luck!
Roger

kfbass

Post by kfbass »

never gone to NIcklebrook, but ive been brewing for about a year now. Brewtime in hamilton is great. As well www.hombrew-supplies.ca is great. That site is based in brampton and offers delivery and a pretty decent selection.

Brewtime is pretty good for ingredients, but you may have to do some substitutions, like crystal 40L instead of 20L, or a similar White labs yeast strain, but overall im happy with what they have to offer.