Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nøgne Ø

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dmits

Post by dmits »

El Pinguino wrote:Benn looking forward to this one! Hopefully it arrives in time for a camping trip Aug long weekend. I ordered a case of the #100.
Check your email, I got one today saying it is ready for pickup... Right on time, eh. :wink:

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I got my e-mail too today, and one for the Southern Tier order so I'm pretty pumped!!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Now to figure out how to get mine out to Edmonton :roll:

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

Torontoblue wrote:Now to figure out how to get mine out to Edmonton :roll:
i'm betting either eric or i could help you out with that. or store it until you're heading this way and can bring it back with you.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Just got my #100. New sticker says 16% Woweeeeee! I'm getting blitzed tonight!!

Okay, I know it's not 16% The brewery label says 10%. So why is there a sticker that says 16% I know that the LC does their own testing, but surely they can't be off by that much!?!

Although I have yet to try this batch. Maybe someone flipped the wrong switch.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

The_Jester wrote:Just got my #100. New sticker says 16% Woweeeeee! I'm getting blitzed tonight!!

Okay, I know it's not 16% The brewery label says 10%. So why is there a sticker that says 16% I know that the LC does their own testing, but surely they can't be off by that much!?!

Although I have yet to try this batch. Maybe someone flipped the wrong switch.
I drank a bottle to myself and got buzzed fairly quickly. Get ready for a good time, it's delicious. Thanks again R&R for this order.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

The_Jester wrote:Okay, I know it's not 16% The brewery label says 10%. So why is there a sticker that says 16% I know that the LC does their own testing, but surely they can't be off by that much!?!
Yup, they can. I've seen 50% or more variation both ways (i.e. lower AND higher) between stated abv vs. LCBO tested abv a number of times in the past. And LCBO testing is consider amongst the most accurate in the world.