Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Toronto’s Festival of Beer - Aug 5-8

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Toronto’s Festival of Beer - Aug 5-8

Post by GregClow »

(TORONTO) July 12, 2010 - This is the event that pairs beer lovers and beer connoisseurs with good times. Fans of the golden beverage will gather this August 5th to 8th for an astounding selection of beer and gourmet fare. Bandshell Park at Exhibition Place will house Canada’s biggest and most infamous beer festival – Toronto’s Festival of Beer, celebrating their 16th year - featuring local, national and international beers.

Sponsored by bet365.net, Ted’s World Famous BBQ, Napoleon Fireplaces & Grills, The Beer Store, Pizza Pizza, Contiki Holidays and Tours, Ontario Craft Brewers, St. Louis Bar & Grill and the Esplanade Bier Markt, the Festival promises to be even bigger and better than before.

Attendees will be able to sample brews from diverse locales spanning from Europe to Asia. They will also be able to find numerous beers from close to home, including a number of brands from the Ontario Craft Brewers. This year’s Festival will feature the “Local”, an area which will highlight the many delicious beers brewed in our own backyard. Many brewmasters will be onsite as well, giving patrons the opportunity to interact with the people behind their favourite brands.

But what’s great beer without great food to go with it? Patrons will once again be able to enjoy the ever popular “Napoleon Gourmet Grills Grilling Tent” with Chef Ted Reader & Friends. Each participating chef will conduct a cooking or grilling demonstration, provide lots of tips and tricks, and of course Ted will instruct and keep everyone entertained while providing expert tips on grilling and keeping your grill in tip-top shape. The grill is hot, the beer is cold, and there are a lot of prizes to be won.

While the main focus of the Festival will be beer, the acts scheduled to perform are not to be missed. The Main Stage will be graced with outstanding musical talent such as Squeeze, Kardinal Offishall, Skydiggers and Little Feat.

Ideally located in downtown Toronto along the scenic shore of Lake Ontario, Bandshell Park at Exhibition Place provides convenient access to TTC and GO Transit links. Increased access to public transit allows the Festival to further support their message to brewers and consumers alike; Respect Beer. Respect Yourself. Drink Responsibly.

Tickets for the Festival can be purchased online at www.beerfestival.ca Thursday, August 5th tickets for the bet365.net Beer Garden Gala are $47.60, while August 6th and 8th are $38.50 each. All tickets include 5 sample tokens, a commemorative sampling cup and a Festival Pocket Guide. This is a 19+ event.

About Toronto’s Festival of Beer

Toronto’s Festival of Beer is scheduled for August 5th to 8th at Bandshell Park at Exhibition Place. Festival hours will be: Thursday and Friday 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Tickets are available online at: www.beerfestival.ca. Patrons must be of legal drinking age (19+) to attend and children and pets are not permitted on-site at the Festival. Additional information on Toronto’s Festival of Beer can also be found at www.beerfestival.ca.
Last edited by GregClow on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Another press release from the Festival folks, this one regarding ticket sales...

Toronto’s Festival of Beer is excited to announce that tickets for the Festival can now be bought at select The Beer Store locations across the province.

This limited block of tickets has been made available in several The Beer Stores in the GTA and surrounding areas and will sell out fast. To find the closest location selling Toronto’s Festival of Beer tickets visit www.beerfestival.ca.

Les Murray, President of Toronto’s Festival of Beer adds “We are happy to have The Beer Store back as a partner in Toronto’s Festival of Beer. The opportunity to provide consumers with another convenient option for purchasing Festival Tickets through select Beer Store locations, is fantastic.”

The Festival, which runs from August 5th to 8th, will welcome hundreds of different brewers and beers as well as live entertainment and food. From local beers that you’ve enjoyed on your back patio to beers from overseas that you have never had a chance to taste, the Festival will provide the opportunity to both enjoy your favourites and discover something new.

Of course, while the main interest will be beer, everyone will be able to enjoy a wide variety of different styles of music and events happening during the Festival including performances by Squeeze, Kardinal Offishall, Skydiggers and Little Feat.

Ideally located in downtown Toronto along the scenic shore of Lake Ontario, Bandshell Park at Exhibition Place provides convenient access to TTC and GO Transit links. Increased access to public transit allows the festival to further support their message to brewers and consumers alike; Respect Beer. Respect Yourself. Drink Responsibly.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

For anyone who's going or thinking about going:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/festival-of-beer

$25 admission.
lister

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I have an extra pass for tonights Bet 365 beer garden gala $40. If you want it PM me.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

My humble apologies for the previous post. Right after I posted this several things happened in quick succession. First, I updated my new e-mail address in my profile settings (since my old Toronto one is no longer in service). Be careful when you do this because your account gets temporarily disabled until you reply to a confirmation e-mail which is sent to your old address. If you can't access the account you can't reply which means your account goes into limbo.

Second, I didn't actually realize the cost of tickets was cheaper than what I posted. The pass I had was for admission, included tickets AND had access to a VIP area (apparently). I ended up not being able to go so I can't verify this...I was told each one was worth $40.

Anyway, sorry for the hassle. I hope those of you who wanted to go found tickets regardless.

Cheers,
Jon
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

SteveB

Post by SteveB »

If anyone is attending TFOB on Sunday, I'm going to be speaking at the Craft Beer Corner at 3pm and my topic will be:

"What if Ontario had a beer revolution?"

I'm going to discuss the impacts to availability of beer, the employment created and the economic spin-off that would result if Ontarians chose to drink an independent Ontario beer for 1 out of every 2 beers they drank.

Cheers,

Steve

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Some pretty good stuff from Great Lakes, but apparently Hook Norton Old Hooky, which is on the list of exhibitors didn't make it to this one.

I tried not to let the fact that I didn't get to have any ruin my evening. Mostly successfully.
saintjohnswort.ca

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Anyone else go? I missed it this year after skipping it intentionally last year.