Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Southbrook Winery Beer Festival

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

WineDude

Southbrook Winery Beer Festival

Post by WineDude »

Southbrook Winery is very happy to be hosting it's first ever Beer Festival. It will take place on Sunday May 16th, between 12-4pm. Ticket prices will be $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Tasting tickets will be $0.50 each.

Ontario's finest breweries are coming to showcase some of their amazing products. With live music, great food and plenty of ice cold beer :) this is one event not to be missed!!

For more info:

http://www.southbrook.com/images/BeerFest.html

Participating Breweries:

Steamwhistle
Mill Street Brewery
Creemore Springs Brewery Ltd
Big Rock Brewery
Wellington Brewing
Cool Beer Brewing Co.
King Brewery
Great Lakes Brewing
Brick Brewing Co.
Hockley Valley
Lakeport Brewing Co
Cameron Brewing Co
County Durham Brewing Co.
Church Key Brewing
County Cider Co.

Any questions Drop me an Email!!!!

Thanx

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks for the info. When I first saw this post I thought "winery = Niagara". But from your web site I see Southbrook is in fact at Major Mac and Bathurst, which is pretty convenient.

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Anyone going to this thing?

WineDude

Post by WineDude »

So far we have had an amazing response with some good ticket sales!! The Breweries are really forward to the event, as am I!!

There will be a Live band, 3rd Step and a Dj, our Chef will be serving some tradional "Pub Grub", Fish and Chips, Bratwursts and some Pulled Pork Sandwiches.

Swing on by for some good Beer, Food and Entertainment!!!!!

I look forward to seeing some of you there!!!

j@beaus

Post by j@beaus »

The food was good, the band was great and the setting was beautiful. We had a great time and the guys at Southbrook ran a pretty seamless event, including ordering sunny weather.

We will be back next year for sure.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Glad to hear it went well.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

The band and DJ were excellent... mostly 80s classic rock all day! Very relaxed atmosphere. The weather cooperated big time. Good tastings to be had by all. And the best part is this place is accessible by bus, if you don't mind a nice walk from Bathurst.

The only new brew I hadn't tried before was the Hockley Valley Dark Ale. Very clean and crisp like the Gold, but a little heavier tasting and a bit nutty. A decent tasting beer! Keep an eye out for Hockley Valley as the brewer, Andrew, was saying he'll be experimenting a lot more with other types of brews and attending more beer shows to get his brews out there!