Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Toronto Beer Week - Sept 20-26

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

What a great week! Exceeded my expectations by far. Too bad most of you guys couldn't make it!
Fuckin' magnets... How do they work?

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Many congratulations to the organizing team for what has to be seen as a resounding success. The few events I went to were full and many new faces in the crowd; even listening to conversation going around it was obvious that TBW had pulled in many not used to Toronto's beer scene.

I look forward to seeing what comes of this next year and to seeing some liscencees stepping up their game.

Beermat

Post by Beermat »

For me, one of the charms of Toronto Beer Week, apart from drinking great beer and spending time with many of the usual suspects, was meeting a whole raft of new people, most of whom seemed very excited about it all and were getting to new places and drinking new beers. I met one couple at Volo on Monday and then saw them somewhere every day except Thursday. They showed every sign of having fun, and I'm familiar with many of the signs. That's exactly what TBW was designed for.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I had fun at the events I managed to hit. I missed out on a few that I would have liked to have done earlier in the week since I was out of town, managed to have dinner at the Granite, hit Volo twice, Cest What twice, Bryden's once, and randomly discovered some Flying Monkey's on tap at a bar on front street! Bailed on our plans to do the Black Creek fest on Sunday in favour of sleeping in and spending a relaxing day in instead. Definitely set a high bar for next year :)

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

I got the flu - it was not the best Toronto Beer Week for me. :cry:

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

You know when you have had a good beer week when...

- jump in with your answers folks...

My answer is (drumroll): You can't stop sneezing after all the hops!
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Sarge

Post by Sarge »

You know when you have had a good beer week when...
your liver calls your relatives for an intervention.
"If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass so much, follow me? "

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

So who won the passport draw and the Beer Quest?

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

TwoPint wrote:So who won the passport draw and the Beer Quest?
Oops, missed this comment. The winner was a gentleman by the name of Jason Raymond Davis (the passport draw)
Last edited by Pub Style on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

The winning entry from the TBW Homebrew Competition, a Smoked Porter made by Kyle Teichert from Egmondville, ON, was bottled yesterday at Amsterdam!

The 500ml bottles should be available at the brewery next week and Burger Bar and Chancey's will have it available on tap in the near future.

Amsterdam has also started their barrel program and they've used some of the Smoked Porter. 200 litres is currently sitting in an old barrel from Jack Daniels!

Here are some pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 1487524070