Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

gordmit wrote:
Kish84 wrote:Denison's Weissbier
Dark Star Espresso Stout
Southern Tier Choklat
De Struise Black Damnation
Dieu Du Ciel Peche Mortel
Muskoka Harvest Ale
Souther Tier 2XIPA
Dieu Du Ciel Aphrodisiaque
Garrison Imperial IPA
Grand River Highballer Pumpkin Ale
Lake of Bays Pale Ale

Dude, you have great taste...yet drinking 'right now'---well, that's allota beer. Kish84, I've made the assumption that you're a guy, if not, please marry me.

Kish84 is actually 2 guys, so you're going to be in for some threesomes Gord!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

By the way, the Odell is just brilliant. Best AIPA I've had. A gold standard I think. It's the balance that does it. Just when you think the bitterness is going to take over, beautiful malt comes sweeping in and ties everything off. Great stuff.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Just enjoyed the beautiful weather on the back patio with a bottle of Dieu Du Ciel Péché Mortel purchased back in July '08 -- no date marked off on bottle, so not quite sure how old it was, but certainly it was very, very nice. Must buy a new one and do a proper comparison sometime this weekend.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I hate you all for drinking my IPA but Phillips Hop Circle is now at Only Cafe. I think two of those and a sandwich cost me <> sixteen dollars.

You bastids! :lol: Enjoy it while you can.
In Beerum Veritas

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Gotta solid line up of DDC and St. Ambroise lined up for tonights game. Go Habs Go!
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

An extremely fresh bottle of Brooklyn Lager, which has finally returned to London at the Wellington & Grand LCBO. Anybody else think this gem is under-appreciated by Ontario beer geeks? I rarely see people posting about it on here (in this thread and elsewhere).

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

icemachine wrote:Gotta solid line up of DDC and St. Ambroise lined up for tonights game. Go Habs Go!
Me too! Peche Mortel to start it off, probably going to have a St Amborise Pumpkin with Quebec farmed duck confit for dinner. Go Habs!

I think I prefer the Peche I purchased last year than the fresh version. What do people think the optimal age of Peche Mortel is?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I've got some of the fall release and DDC beers ready once I finally leave work. I love my PVR. :D

GO LEAFS! Crush the Smurfs!
lister

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Growler of Mill St. ESB. Go BASEBALL.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Simple Malt Cascade IPA to enjoy the 3rd period of the Habs beating the Leafs.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cratez wrote:An extremely fresh bottle of Brooklyn Lager, which has finally returned to London at the Wellington & Grand LCBO. Anybody else think this gem is under-appreciated by Ontario beer geeks? I rarely see people posting about it on here (in this thread and elsewhere).
Oddly, it os one of the most memorable (22oz) pints I had on a New York trip. When it's on, BL's fantastic.
In Beerum Veritas

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

sprague11 wrote:Simple Malt Cascade IPA to enjoy the 3rd period of the Habs beating the Leafs.
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. :P

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Guess I'll be keeping that bottle of St.Amby 20th anniversary for Saturday
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Muskoka Harvest Ale.

I don't think a great deal of their core lineup, but I quite like this one. Pleasant surprise.
saintjohnswort.ca

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Garrison IPA, great unfiltered look with a heavy bubbly foam on it, great aroma. Nice and bitter! :D
In Beerum Veritas