Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2010 - Oct 1 to Nov 1

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Sanchex

Post by Sanchex »

skaghevn wrote:It's an unfortunate start, but these things happen when you launch an event online for the first time. I know this isn't the proper forum for it, but I would hope that the Cask Days 2011 site will include a bit more of a heads-up as to how online ticket buying will be run, and that a dry run is completed with PayPal et al before releasing the URL to the public.
notifying the general public with more information other than the day they are going on sale is the very least that could have been done. instead we got a link posted on twitter at noon. reminds me of the time i went to the valentine stout/porter event and was surprised by it being cash only. i was told by our server in a rude way that "well, it was posted on our facebook page"

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

called and got fax machine a few times, then buzy continuously
almost end of my lunch hour

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

lister wrote:Anyone with a twitter account tweet back that paypal isn't working? Or SMS whomever at Volo? Or use whatever other communication method the kids are using nowadays? :P
I did email them within 6 minutes of the snafu, but figure no one will read that for a bit yet.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Ah, lovely -- now the good old 404 msg comes up.... Hope this means a fix.

EDIT: No, not a fix:
***UPDATE: WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH OUR ONLINE TICKET PURCHASING SYTEM. PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES or CONTACT 416 928 0008 FOR MORE INFORMATION. CHEERS
Last edited by skaghevn on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

I've given up already. Looks like no Cask Days for me this year. :cry:

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Folks - one thing to remember is that a certain number of tickets have been reserved for online sales. I would assume that those tickets will remain reserved until they get online sales working. So you should still have a shot.

Alternatively, head down to Volo after work today - there were only about 30 people there in total who had bought or were waiting for tickets when I left about 12:45. I doubt all (if any) of the sessions will sell out this afternoon.

Sanchex

Post by Sanchex »

skaghevn wrote:Ah, lovely -- now the good old 404 msg comes up.... Hope this means a fix.

***UPDATE: WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH OUR ONLINE TICKET PURCHASING SYTEM. PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES or CONTACT 416 928 0008 FOR MORE INFORMATION. CHEERS
where did you get the update from? icq? was it written on a piece of paper, photographed, then posted on flickr?

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Sanchex wrote:where did you get the update from? icq? was it written on a piece of paper, photographed, then posted on flickr?
It might just be me, but I sense a wee hint of frustration there. If that is just me, then do know that I got the update from http://www.caskdays.com/tickets.html

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

My buddy picked up a set of tickets by going old school and lining up. He got everything successfully and and had a beer to boot. Probably a good strategy for those looking for tix at the end of the day.

Mr. Lou Pepe

Post by Mr. Lou Pepe »

Sanchex wrote:
skaghevn wrote:Ah, lovely -- now the good old 404 msg comes up.... Hope this means a fix.

where did you get the update from? icq? was it written on a piece of paper, photographed, then posted on flickr?
Sanchex, a complainer like yourself shouldn't even attend such an event.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Apparently Session 1 is sold out, lots of tickets left for other sessions if you go in person.

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

As Greg said a few posts up:

"#caskdays 2010 tickets that were saved for online sales are still on reserve. Please keep posted for updates!"
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

hopaddict

Post by hopaddict »

Mr. Lou Pepe wrote:
Sanchex wrote:

Sanchex, a complainer like yourself shouldn't even attend such an event.
yeah Sanchex, fall back in line. How dare you complain about the great bar volo. What kind of beer nerd are you that you can't drop everything at work in the middle of the day and buy tickets in person. :roll:

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Email sent out:
-----
Hi Everyone,

As you may have noticed, we experienced problems with our online ticket sales system today . We are waiting to hear back from our bank before we can rectify the problem. All tickets that were saved for online sales are still on hold and will be available once the ordering is back online - we will notify everyone who attempted to buy tickets today via e-mail. At this point we are unsure as to when this will be. We apologize for any inconvenience. An alternative option to buy tickets is in person at barVolo (587 Yonge St. Toronto). If you have any questions, problems or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 416 928 0008.

Best Regards,

Tomas Morana
Cask Days 2010
www.caskdays.com
-----
lister

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

so what was on cask for those who went today?