Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Bar Towel Bus Trip to the Blue Monk - Sat Nov 20

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Publican wrote:I was just paying by credit Card
I would suggest give it another try. The drop down menu should let you pick any country. What exactly happens?

Publican

Post by Publican »

I've tried it numourous times. At first it goes to Canada then changes back to the United States. When I try to click on Pay by credit card that dosen't work.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

OK, we are now 1/2 way there to getting the trip confirmed.

Please get your tickets!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Publican wrote:I've tried it numourous times. At first it goes to Canada then changes back to the United States. When I try to click on Pay by credit card that dosen't work.
Do you have No Script or anything like that running? It didn't work for me until I turned off No Script.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

JerCraigs wrote:
Publican wrote:I've tried it numourous times. At first it goes to Canada then changes back to the United States. When I try to click on Pay by credit card that dosen't work.
Do you have No Script or anything like that running? It didn't work for me until I turned off No Script.
He got it working, all good!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Whoa.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Cass wrote:Whoa.

Wow. They are not fucking around! :o

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

The wife wants a shopping trip in Bufflao in a couple weeks :)

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

Booked my ticket!
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

Guess I'll be bringing more extra US cash than I'd planned - too bad the bottles of Cigar City IPA that went on sale there today won't last until this trip :(

Let's get this beast sold out, boys - it was already half sold out more than 24 hours ago, if you're on the fence about this one, I suggest you pull out your thumb now.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

On a whim I went to Blue Monk a few hours yesterday. It is a great space with amazing beers. It has a newer feel to it than Coles yet the same friendly warmth.

It was quite busy at 4pm, an instant success. All the 'on sale' bottles Cigar City IPA had just sold out moments earlier, LOL. Lots of nice surprises on the ever-changing tap list slate (that thing is actually 8 or 10 feet tall.)
In Beerum Veritas

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

Any update on ticket sales, Cass?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

HogTownHarry wrote:Any update on ticket sales, Cass?
Need about 12 more tickets sold to hit the break-even point. So everyone get a couple of friends to come!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Recent tap update from Facebook:

Unibroue Maudite (Quebec)
a mahogany-colored, rich-tasting premium beer that has a distinctive, complex taste. $7

Affligem Blonde (Belgium)
the classic clear blonde abbey ale, with a gentle roundness and 6.8% alcohol. Low on bitterness, it is eminently drinkable. $7.50

Delirium Nocturnum (Belgium)
Darker maltier version than the Tremens 9% $7.50

Delirium Tremens (Belgium)
Spicy Blonde ale. Belgian Classic. The Pink Elephant Beer. 8.5% $7.50

Tripel Karmeliet (Belgium)
Blond, robust, smooth, and fruity three grain top fermented beer, World Class. $7.50

St. Bernardus Prior 8 (Belgium)
World class Belgian Dubbel. 99/100 score rate beer.com Deep hazy-brown colour, big body, malt palate. $8

Brewdog/ Stone Bashah (Scotland)
Hopped up Aggressive ale made by two of the more experimental breweries of our time. $8.50

Kasteel Cuvee du Chateau (Belgium)
New Belgian Brown ale from well respected brewery. $7.50

St. Bernardus Apt 12 Quadrupel
Dark Belgian with high alcohol (10.5%) & notes of dried fruits. World Class. $8.50

Urthel Hop-it (Belgium)
Superior Hoppy Belgian Ale. White very rich foam, small bubbles. Very hoppy, spicy, fruity flavour and full, heart warming body. $8

Chelsea Sunset Red (NYC, NY)
American amber ale with perfect balance between malt and domestic hop flavors

Glazen Toren Saison D’erpe-Mere
Straw colored rare saison. Floral, fruity with spice $8

Voodoo White Magick of the Sun
White Magic at the Sun is our Voodoo-ized version of a white ale. $6

Ithaca Flower Power IPA (Ithaca, NY)
One of the top IPA’s

Southern Tier Oaked Aged Un*Earthly Imperial IPA (WNY)
loaded with big, juicy American hop character and balanced by a strong, malty backbone. A massive hop profile dominates. $6

Fullers E.S.B (England)
Brewed at 5.5% ABV in cask and 5.9% ABV in bottle, ESB is a true liquid legend, and should be savoured as such. $5.50

Dogfish Head Chateau Jiahu (Delaware)
Similar to a beer brewed in China some 9,000 years ago, Chateau Jiahu used a recipe that included rice, honey, and grape and hawthorn fruits. The formula was obtained from archaeologists who derived it from the residues of pottery jars found in the late Stone Age village of Jiahu in northern China. The residues are the earliest direct evidence of brewed beverages in ancient China. $7.50

Ommegang Witte (Cooperstown, NY)
a traditional Belgian-style wheat ale with whispers of sweet orange and a touch of tart lemon. Soft and seductive $5.50

Ommegang Belgian Pale Ale (Cooperstown, NY)
This fine pale ale has citrus and tropical fruit aromatic shared with a well-balanced – yet abundant – hop character. It uses our own Belgian yeast, five malts, two hops, and plenty of patience. $6

Ayinger Celebrator Dopplebock (GRM)
Dark, rich, & roasty German dopplebock. $6

Mc Chouffe (Belgium)
A Scotch style Beer from the Ardenne region of Belgium. $7.50

Ayinger Brau Weiss (Germany)
Delicious lemon and vanilla scented wheat beer with yeast. , it is a benchmark for this style $7 20oz

Brooklyn Octoberfest (NYC)
It is true to the original German style, full-bodied and malty, with a bready aroma and light, brisk hop bitterness

Long Trail Brew Master Series
Imperial Porter (VERMONT)
Dark roasty Imperial porter. $6

Flying Bison Rusty Chain (Buffalo)
Locally made Vienna Lager $5.50

Chelsea Blackhole xxx Stout (NYC, NY)
Award winning stout from NYC brewery

Lindemans Framboise (Belgium)
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma. $9

Guinness Stout (Ireland) $6

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout (ENG)
Chocolate malt and real dark chocolate are combined with Young's award winning rich, full flavoured dark beer to craft a satisfyingly indulgent, but never overly sweet experience. $6

Pilsner urquell (Czech Republic)
THE classic European Pilsner

Coming Soon on Tap
De Ranke XX Bitter
St. Bernardus Wit
Stillwater Saison
Goose Island Matilda

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

PS - anybody - what is the # 19 - "Nøgne Imperial Porter" - there's no such thing, is there? Whatever it was I enjoyed it heartily.
In Beerum Veritas