Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Alexander Keith's Harvest Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Belgian wrote:Yeah, Keiths introduces any new beer to 'Harvest' your money.
northyorksammy wrote:and take advantage of what "ale"s you.
har har har
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

nickelass wrote:
Belgian wrote:Yeah, Keiths introduces any new beer to 'Harvest' your money.
northyorksammy wrote:and take advantage of what "ale"s you.
har har har

I laughed at both of those!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

Malcolm wrote:
wilco wrote: Doing a blind tasting with similar beers like the Wellington Dark would be an interesting experiment.
I had a Welly Dark (County Ale) last night at Opera Bob's. Still held it's own but I sure wish I could find it on cask somewhere, as that's where it really shines.
In Guelph, the County is always available as a real ale at the Wooly. And you're right - its much better that way.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Had this the other night with Cratez. Thanks Mike!

Reminded me of a dunkel and was lager like, with roasty malts and some chocolate notes. A pretty good effort actually.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

mahcinesquad wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
wilco wrote: Doing a blind tasting with similar beers like the Wellington Dark would be an interesting experiment.
I had a Welly Dark (County Ale) last night at Opera Bob's. Still held it's own but I sure wish I could find it on cask somewhere, as that's where it really shines.
In Guelph, the County is always available as a real ale at the Wooly. And you're right - its much better that way.
i had the County on cask at Cask Days West and was underwhelmed. its fine, but not good.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

matt7215 wrote:
mahcinesquad wrote:
Malcolm wrote: I had a Welly Dark (County Ale) last night at Opera Bob's. Still held it's own but I sure wish I could find it on cask somewhere, as that's where it really shines.
i had the County on cask at Cask Days West and was underwhelmed. its fine, but not good.

Fine, but not good? Is that like saying bad, but not enjoyable?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
mahcinesquad wrote: In Guelph, the County is always available as a real ale at the Wooly. And you're right - its much better that way.

Fine, but not good? Is that like saying bad, but not enjoyable?
its like i didnt dislike what i was drinking but i didnt wanna drink anymore

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

found this at my local fake brit pub last night, thought i would try it before i hit the guinness, couple sips later was wishing i went straight to the guinness.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

bufordsbest wrote:found this at my local fake brit pub last night, thought i would try it before i hit the guinness, couple sips later was wishing i went straight to the guinness.

Geez, something has to be really horrible to make you actually want to drink guinness.