Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nasty Habit IPA

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

heebes

Post by heebes »

if i can compare, i did enjoy Nast Habit over Garissons Imperial

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I thought Nasty was nice, in the way Stone IPA is so drinkable, but different flavors. Had roundness similar to Anchor Liberty Ale.
In Beerum Veritas

Dokta Owange

Post by Dokta Owange »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Dokta Owange wrote:Nasty Habit has to be one of the best IPA's I have ever bought from the LCBO - reminds me of Green Flash Imperial IPA.
Really? I was actually disappointed with it. I found that the nose was excellent but the palate was weak (not bitter enough and lacking in flavour too) and the mouthfeel was light and watery.

I only bought one bottle and won't be buying more.

That said, with the limited choices available at the LCBO, if you are in the mood for and IPA, aside from Southern Tier IPA, nothing comes to mind right away that is better...
Maybe you had a bottle that was a bit off...the citrus bursts on the nose/palate were there, and then some...if we are going to debate ST vs Nasty Habit vs other IPA's, etc - we can agree that they all rock - we just have different hop head preferences...
My all time fav though has to be Green Flash Imperial IPA...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Dokta Owange wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Dokta Owange wrote:Nasty Habit has to be one of the best IPA's I have ever bought from the LCBO - reminds me of Green Flash Imperial IPA.
Really? I was actually disappointed with it. I found that the nose was excellent but the palate was weak (not bitter enough and lacking in flavour too) and the mouthfeel was light and watery.

That said, with the limited choices available at the LCBO, if you are in the mood for and IPA, aside from Southern Tier IPA, nothing comes to mind right away that is better...
Maybe you had a bottle that was a bit off...the citrus bursts on the nose/palate were there, and then some...if we are going to debate ST vs Nasty Habit vs other IPA's, etc - we can agree that they all rock - we just have different hop head preferences...
That's the thing: I got the citrus burst on the nose. It was the taste that was a let down. I am not saying that it was a bad IPA by any means, just that the palate didn't follow the nose and the mouthfeel was a touch light/watery.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

So pumped, went into the LCBO on a whim last night and found both this and Garrisons on the shelves. I've been looking for these for about 2 months. And they were both sitting there waiting for me.

Can't wait to try them.

codfishh

Post by codfishh »

What LCBO did you find them at? Drinkvine is showing the bank st. store, the last time I went there looking for Garrisons they didn't know what I was talking about, they claimed to have never heard of it before.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Innes Road.

They still have Nasty Habit but I grabbed the last three Garrison.

If you are still looking for them, PM me. I'm supposed to have two cases coming into the King Edward location but I'm getting worried, it's been three weeks.

DaPan

Post by DaPan »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Dokta Owange wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Really? I was actually disappointed with it. I found that the nose was excellent but the palate was weak (not bitter enough and lacking in flavour too) and the mouthfeel was light and watery.

That's the thing: I got the citrus burst on the nose. It was the taste that was a let down. I am not saying that it was a bad IPA by any means, just that the palate didn't follow the nose and the mouthfeel was a touch light/watery.
I agree. I was very stoked to try the Nasty Habit. The hops on the nose were incredible when opened. Mouthfeel was very watery, no bite at all. Garrison's was much more balanced on the nose and palate.

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

Discovered today, via LCBO Website, that this item has been discontinued.

Too bad. Too short a stay in our region.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

hopdevil wrote:Discovered today, via LCBO Website, that this item has been discontinued.

Too bad. Too short a stay in our region.
It was only a seasonal, so it wasn't supposed to last long.