Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rogue

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Rogue

Post by mgmoney »

Any idea how a schmuck like me could get Rogue beers? And not LCBO Dead Guy...they have like 50 beers on their website..I have only seen like 6 in LCBO and now just DEad Guy...

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Drive to Buffalo.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Drive to Buffalo?

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

yeah that's what i thought..crap

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Don't worry. Your Rogue will taste even better after all the traveling efforts & border paranoia. Grab at least one Mocha Porter!
In Beerum Veritas

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

mgmoney wrote:yeah that's what i thought..crap
Out of curiosity (and don't take this the wrong way), but what else did you think the answer might be? Directions to the secret good beer store in a lair buried deep underneath the city?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

detritus wrote:
mgmoney wrote:yeah that's what i thought..crap
Out of curiosity (and don't take this the wrong way), but what else did you think the answer might be? Directions to the secret good beer store in a lair buried deep underneath the city?

sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuussssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

detritus wrote:Directions to the secret good beer store in a lair buried deep underneath the city?
How do you not take that the wrong way? How about directions to a beer bar in the area that might sell a couple Rogue beers?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Or setting up a private order with the Rogue agent.
lister

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Rogue is no longer represented by Esprit (praise be!), and is currently distriubted by the AFIC Group. Contact info follows below.

One of the things that you might try doing in the future when you can't find a beer you really like is to try to place a private order through the LCBO. It's not always feasible, but it is worth a shot if you don't know who the agent is.

And while there are a lovely number of beers coming out in the Winter release, not to mention to be found around town ona regular basis, might it not make sense to see if we can pull off a group order for some Rogue brews that aren't so easy to come by? Just a thought...

Cheers, Rob

AFIC Group:

Area Manager

Steve Thibault
Phone: (403) 861-1843
Email: sales@aficgroup.com

Sales Team:

Laura Rapuano
and her sales team
Phone: (416) 898-6195

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

skaghevn wrote:Rogue is no longer represented by Esprit (praise be!), and is currently distriubted by the AFIC Group. Contact info follows below.

One of the things that you might try doing in the future when you can't find a beer you really like is to try to place a private order through the LCBO. It's not always feasible, but it is worth a shot if you don't know who the agent is.

And while there are a lovely number of beers coming out in the Winter release, not to mention to be found around town ona regular basis, might it not make sense to see if we can pull off a group order for some Rogue brews that aren't so easy to come by? Just a thought...

Cheers, Rob

AFIC Group:

Area Manager

Steve Thibault
Phone: (403) 861-1843

Sales Team:

Laura Rapuano
and her sales team
Phone: (416) 898-6195
Thanks Rob! I'm most definitely interested in a group order... what do others think?

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I'm down for a group order. Count me in.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

I like that "...and soon in Ontario..." bit in the Lost Coast Brewery section on their website!
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Depending upon what sort of order we able to place, I'd be in for 5-6 cases, easily. That said, I wonder if this is not an idea best put forward in the Private Ordering forum early in the New Year, after the holiday debts have been (partially) paid off.

If anyone's already contacted the new Rogue reps, please do let us know what you've heard. If no one's done anything towards getting a quote, I'll pop off an email to them come Monday.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Is there a specific beer or two that you are looking for? Personally, there is not a single Rogue beer that has impressed me enough to go out of my way to order it. I am curious if there is something I am missing...