Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coors Banquet

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

duncan

Coors Banquet

Post by duncan »

My co-worker brought back 6 bottles of Coors Banquet beer for me. And no I have never seen Smokey & the Bandit. I had asked for Four Loko, but that is now illegal in New York, and any state near New York. A worthy second choice granted my first choice.

I have had Coors Light before, I can't recall the flavour—or lack there of. Though I can say with much certainty that Banquet is a far superior beer to Light. The beer pours with extremely pale straw colour with a head with little retention. A faint aroma of malt, and grains is present, but very subdued. Almost undetectable. No hop character whatsoever in aroma, flavour. A slight bitterness on the back end, but very mild. I had two bottles, one rocky mountain cold and the other not. The latter bottle the sweetness of the malt comes through more heavily. Which is to be expected. Not overwhelming sweet, but not very balanced either. Interestingly enough, the beer does have a slight tartness reminiscent of a dry white wine. Some how I doubt they are using Nelson Sauvin, so it was a curious taste. This was more noticeable in the warmer bottle.

As much as I can say in summary is not a bad beer for Coors, and at least it isn't Light.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I tried this for the first time last week. I was waiting for a train from Long Island into the city and there wasn't anything interesting in the corner store. It really wasn't bad. Better than most macros, but still pretty flavourless overall. I still can't get over that it is legal to drink on the Long Island Railroad... so I have a beer everytime I go on it. At least in Penn Station on the way to Long Island I was about to get 32 ounce drafts of Blue Point Hoptical Illusion and Goose Island IPA.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

I first drank this in the 1970's and it was a well-made commercial beer, with a flowery hop note and a light but appetizing malt quality. In recent years, I've found it less good. It is better than Coors Light certainly.

Gary
Gary Gillman

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Is the beer like a banquet of cold flavour?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Is the beer like a banquet of cold flavour?
Sorta like Colorado Kool-Aid: