Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Caledonian - College at Ossington

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TwoPint

The Caledonian - College at Ossington

Post by TwoPint »

Review of The Caledonian in today's Star.

12 drafts and a bottle selection that includes 13 from Scotland. Deep-fried Mars bars.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

TwoPint wrote:
Deep-fried Mars bars.

More places should do this.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

My wife and i were there for supper on Baturday night. They have a great bottle selection of Scottish beers and as for Scottish beers on tap they had 80 Schilling and Amsterdams Wee Heavy.

The food is great, the service was excellent and I love how the owner Donna made it a point to come over and intruduce herself to anyone who came in, and came by once in a while to ensure that all was well. Even though the place was 90% full, she alos made she she told us good-bye and thanks for coming as we left

It was a good experience and we will return. Worth a try!
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step