Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

carguy

Post by carguy »

Black Oak Nutcracker

TJ

Post by TJ »

I drain poured a Lost Abbey Angel's Share - Brandy Barrel Aged 2009. It was like drinking cold concentrated beef bouillon sweetened with brown sugar.

I'm about to drain pour a La Rouspéteuse. It's just a mess.

Must root around for something in the fridge so this night isn't a complete wash...

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Wild
Beau's Bog Father

Lagunitas is amazing, but those guys know their hops so it's not that surprising. The Beau's is surprising because it has no hops (or a minimal amount at best), but still has a nice floral/herbal bitterness. Very interesting beer - reminds me of something Dogfish Head would try.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Torontoblue wrote:
lagerale wrote:Thomas Hardy 2007
Had one on Sunday night, and it's still amazingly yeasty and young.
Is yeasty and young a good thing? Perhaps just impressive given their age! I've enjoyed the flavour of this beer since I bought them, though I only drink one every 3-4 months or so. Look forward to see how they age over the next few years.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Pretty Things Jack D'or. Not the best saison ever, but decent. And lemony.

Streets

Post by Streets »

matt7215 wrote: just pm me the LCBO store # that you want to list curmudgeon and ill do my best to make it happen
#249!!

For my birthday yesterday I had a couple of smashbombs, a brooklyn black chocolate stout, and a St. Ambroise oatmeal stout.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Church Key Barley Legal
Pilsner Urquell
Moylands Imperial Stout (thanks Mike!)
Dark and Handsome (thanks Mike!)
Double Bastard
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

lagerale wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:
lagerale wrote:Thomas Hardy 2007
Had one on Sunday night, and it's still amazingly yeasty and young.
Is yeasty and young a good thing? Perhaps just impressive given their age! I've enjoyed the flavour of this beer since I bought them, though I only drink one every 3-4 months or so. Look forward to see how they age over the next few years.
It wasn't a good thing for me. I'll revisit these in a few years time.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Torontoblue wrote:It wasn't a good thing for me. I'll revisit these in a few years time.
I stand by the belief that Thomas Hardy's needs at least 5 years of aging before consuming.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Charlevoix Vache Folle ESB - don't think this bottle is super fresh, but still an allright drink.

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

Nickel Brook sour maple porter.... is this a new style? Haha, either way it's gross and is heading down the drain.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

markaberrant wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:It wasn't a good thing for me. I'll revisit these in a few years time.
I stand by the belief that Thomas Hardy's needs at least 5 years of aging before consuming.
That's a pretty good committed relationship! I take it you've had some bottles from 2006 or earlier?? I find cellaring beers a little frustrating, because I'm never sure when they've reached maximum potential (something that would likely vary from person to person). Maybe I'll slow down tastings to once every 6 months....

carguy

Post by carguy »

Grand River Plowmans Ale
Black Oak Ten Bitter Years

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

lagerale wrote:
markaberrant wrote:
That's a pretty good committed relationship! I take it you've had some bottles from 2006 or earlier?? I find cellaring beers a little frustrating, because I'm never sure when they've reached maximum potential (something that would likely vary from person to person). Maybe I'll slow down tastings to once every 6 months....
The THA definitely won't have a quick peak that you have to worry about missing out on. Its far slower to change than something like the St. Ambroise Vintage
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Finally got around to buying an Innis & Gunn, which was pretty good.

I am currently drinking a Bootleggers Knuckle Sandwich DIPA. It is excellent!