Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn Release!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

Could we be close to figuring out the Winter release?

Esprit has already confirmed that Rogue Yellow Snow, Samuel Smith Imperial Stout, and Samuel Smith Winter Welcome will be among those featured. Maybe Dogfish Head Raison d'Etre, as well?

I also noticed that Chimay Blue, Kasteel Donker, and St. Peter's Winter Ale have recently appeared on the website, along with Unibroue Terrible.

That's eight beers right there. Are we on the right track, or are the latter four just some of the random products that seem to make their way onto the website for no reason?

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Yes, our Winter offerings include Rogue Yellow Snow, Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre, Chimay Blue, Weltenburger Asam-Bock, Sam Smith Winter Welcome, Sam Smith Imperial Stout and St. Peter's Winter Ale.

mustang3

Post by mustang3 »

Hahahaha, Orval AND Rodenbach, I must be dreaming. This golden for those who were far to young to drink let alone good beer back in the days vintages carried it.

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

rabbit wrote:Yes, our Winter offerings include Rogue Yellow Snow, Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre, Chimay Blue, Weltenburger Asam-Bock, Sam Smith Winter Welcome, Sam Smith Imperial Stout and St. Peter's Winter Ale.
Sounds good, but, umm...rabbit??? Is there anyone else who's confused?

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Acchh! I didn't even notice that... Yeah, I'm a little confused too!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Ah ha! I always suspected that rabbit was just a shit-disturbing psuedonym for some forum regular or other. Looks like it's Peter from Esprit.

So now that you've been outted, Peter, are you going to apologize to everyone that you pissed off around here? We are all potential customers, after all... :wink:

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

I don't apologiize personally as I've done nothing wrong...rabbit is my evil twin brother who has leached off me almost my entire adult life...I despise him but, because of a deathbed promise to my mother, I continue to care for him even though he's constantly using my computer and doing this sort of thing. Frankly, almost everything I make from selling beer goes for his ps causing me no end of frustration and embarassement. He is under psychiatric care and I can tell you the financial toll it is taking on me is excruciating...so much so that I'm going to have to raise my prices by $10-$20 per case. I do apologize for his ignorance and for the fact that he's going to force my many good customers to pay a lot more for their cherished brews and, rest assured, we are doing everything possible to have him institutionalized but after every battery of psychological tests we're told he's a sane as any member of Parliament so it's an uphill struggle. As an interim measure, we're going to break all his fingers this weekend and see just how much he can type using only his nose!

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

I think a class was skipped in Beer Flogging 101: the idea is to insult the customer’s intelligence, not the customer himself.

What a curious world this is. :-?
Guess what? I got a fever. And the only prescription ... is more cowbell!

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Arghhh..... So obvious a pseudonym too.

Peter Rabbit. Duh! I'm embarassed for not realizing earlier. :oops: