Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Tree coming to LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

notdan wrote:I hope this isn't the full release; not a single bottle in Ottawa still? I know I'm not there right now but I always hate to see Ottawa left out from special releases when random small towns in southern Ontario can get them.
Starting to hit Ottawa today. I just got some at Bank & Walkley.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

BooBoo wrote:Perhaps calling first would have helped? The LCBO inventory position is not in real time, if that helps you for the future.
True. This often works for you when stock has just been put on the shelf before anybody (including inventory) has a clue. It's random luck.
In Beerum Veritas

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

The Hwy 2 and Brock store was showing 24 last night when I went to bed and 5 this morning when I woke up. When I went in this afternoon the beer guy there saw me staring desperately at the shelf, said "are you looking for something?" and before I could finish my sentence, "I'm hoping you still have some...", he goes, "yup, come with me to the back". He knew exactly what I was talking about. He said he got in two full cases of the stuff and it never even made it onto the shelves. There were only 3 bottles left when I got there.
Last edited by biegaman on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I've said this dozens of time before but I'll say it again. Please call the store before you make the trip. It takes a couple minutes and can save frustration. Better yet, call first, and if they have the stock, please reserve some. You never know when some hoarder will show up and clean all the stock out.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

SteelbackGuy wrote:I've said this dozens of time before but I'll say it again. Please call the store before you make the trip. It takes a couple minutes and can save frustration. Better yet, call first, and if they have the stock, please reserve some. You never know when some hoarder will show up and clean all the stock out.
But if people used common sense they'd have nothing to bitch 'n moan about :wink:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I like just dropping in at stores. "Surprise me."

I keep an eye on Vintages anyway. It's a program that offers the consumer several new and interesting alcoholic beverages every few weeks.

Yeah, I know!!
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:I like just dropping in at stores. "Surprise me."

I keep an eye on Vintages anyway. It's a program that offers people with more money than most, several new and interesting alcoholic beverages every few weeks.

Yeah, I know!!

Fixed that for you.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Hoping to grab a couple tonight - they've been moving prety fast at my 2 local LCBO's

EDIT: Both my local stores ran out before I got there. I'll grab a couple downtown tomorrow.