Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Founders

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Ukie wrote:By any chance will Founders make their LCBO debut on April 1?
alongside DFH 90.

That old gag.

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
ritzkiss wrote:Considering the source it is no surprise that this is nothing but a 'fool' and done on the wrong day...
Which source do you speak of? There were a couple of people mentioned in the first post...
I was speaking of him who started the rumor on BA...

heebes

Post by heebes »

bummer. kind of too good to be true isnt it...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

ritzkiss wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
ritzkiss wrote:Considering the source it is no surprise that this is nothing but a 'fool' and done on the wrong day...
Which source do you speak of? There were a couple of people mentioned in the first post...
I was speaking of him who started the rumor on BA...
I couldn't even find it on BA... lol.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

info came from rep some of us know at SKI Beer, New York
they represent Founders

same guy told me he's arranging for all Cigar City beers now in NYC to be distributed into Buffalo

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I wouldn't dismiss it that quickly. I've talked to someone about this in the past.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

northyorksammy wrote:
same guy told me he's arranging for all Cigar City beers now in NYC to be distributed into Buffalo
I like that just as much as I like the Founders in Ontario news....

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

I heard that Victory is opening a new brewery in Toronto.
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I sent an e-mail to the head of Beer and Special Markets at the LCBO this afternoon from work, I should have a reply by tomorrow afternoon on what the people who call the shots at the LCBO have to say on this matter.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I heard from someone in the LCBO lab saying that it was submitted about 2 months ago, did not hear if it was picked up or not. Still have not got an e-mail reply yet though.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

PeenSteen wrote:I heard from someone in the LCBO lab saying that it was submitted about 2 months ago, did not hear if it was picked up or not. Still have not got an e-mail reply yet though.
Interersting. If not Founders, any idea what the next brewery feature could be?

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

my rep contact says they are about 6 months away, and they are going for the five as I originally reported.

Thank you for those supportive e-mails and posts that keep this at an adult discussion level, consistent with other nice cities.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I don't think that Sammy would lie about this sort of thing, I mean a guy with over 5000 BA reviews, belongs to numerous private order groups and probably has about 10 trades on the go right now probably doesn't have the time to go posting false information on beer forums. If the source was anybody else I would question it but you could name just about any North American city and he will tell you what bars, bottle shops and brewery's to visit. So there are my two cents on that matter, I'm sure he has a reliable source that he is going on. End rant :D

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

LIke I said, I've been hearing grumblings of this for a bit now. I think Sammy is bang on here. LCBO uppers say they've got the samples tested as well.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

SteelbackGuy wrote:LIke I said, I've been hearing grumblings of this for a bit now. I think Sammy is bang on here. LCBO uppers say they've got the samples tested as well.
What exactly does the LCBO do to "test" the samples? What are they looking for? Anthrax?