Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Junction Craft Brewing

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

kinguy

Junction Craft Brewing

Post by kinguy »

Seems to be a lot of new startups lately. Anybody know anything about this...

http://junctioncraftbrewing.com/

Located near Keele and Annette. Good range of styles and nice looking labels, but no information.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Being discussed here,
The Indie Alehouse
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

phirleh wrote:Being discussed here,
The Indie Alehouse
That might not be the same place.

Indie Ale House is supposed to be at 2876 Dundas St West according to the thread you linked.

Junction Craft Brewing is going to be at 2938 Dundas St West according to this page on their still under construction website that I managed to find with Google.

So, potentially two new breweries/brewpubs within a block of each other? In what was the last dry area of Toronto until a decade or so ago? Crazy!

jcc

Post by jcc »

And brewing the new "Hefenweisse" beer style as well.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

GregClow wrote:
phirleh wrote:Being discussed here,
The Indie Alehouse
That might not be the same place.

Indie Ale House is supposed to be at 2876 Dundas St West according to the thread you linked.

Junction Craft Brewing is going to be at 2938 Dundas St West according to this page on their still under construction website that I managed to find with Google.

So, potentially two new breweries/brewpubs within a block of each other? In what was the last dry area of Toronto until a decade or so ago? Crazy!
Wow, according to google maps that's only a 2 minute walk from each other!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

It looks to be started by Tom Patterson of the Paddock

http://www.junctioncraftbrewing.com/jcb/?page_id=21

So yes, different place indeed.

FisherKing

Post by FisherKing »

HI,

Yes the Indie Alehouse is a separate entity - the Junctionbrewery group to my knowledge is looking to brew first, then find a location.

I'll post more on the Indie Alehouse plans in about 2 weeks, off to the Craft Brewers Conference in San Fran next week. Really looking forward to hearing views and ideas from the BT crowd.

Thanks,
Jason

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

Got this reply by email from Tom Patterson:

"We hope to have beer by this summer in all the fine establishments of the Junction and all over Toronto. We won't be open to the public but direct delivering to bars /restaurants/clubs and taverns and will eventually be available at the LLBO.

Our first beer is a lager called ":Local Option", a full bodied North American style all natural amber lager. Great hop characteristics and slightly lower in alcohol (4.8% for historical reasons) that makes it a great session beer."

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

GregClow wrote:
2938 Dundas W seems like an unlikely location. It's too small, for one, and currently holds a variety store/post office that recently fought very hard with Canada Post (succesfully) to keep operating.

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

They are currently using a PO box address, so the brewery won't be located there.....
detritus wrote:
GregClow wrote:
2938 Dundas W seems like an unlikely location. It's too small, for one, and currently holds a variety store/post office that recently fought very hard with Canada Post (succesfully) to keep operating.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

mistermurphy wrote:They are currently using a PO box address, so the brewery won't be located there.....
Ah. In that case, it MIGHT be the same place, with Junction Craft being the brewing side of the operation, and Indie Ale House being name of the tied house bar/restaurant. Would make sense for them to have a PO Box near their storefront while they're still under construction...

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

GregClow wrote:Ah. In that case, it MIGHT be the same place, with Junction Craft being the brewing side of the operation, and Indie Ale House being name of the tied house bar/restaurant. Would make sense for them to have a PO Box near their storefront while they're still under construction...
FisherKing wrote:HI,

Yes the Indie Alehouse is a separate entity - the Junctionbrewery group to my knowledge is looking to brew first, then find a location.

I'll post more on the Indie Alehouse plans in about 2 weeks, off to the Craft Brewers Conference in San Fran next week. Really looking forward to hearing views and ideas from the BT crowd.

Thanks,
Jason
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

kinguy wrote:Our first beer is a lager called ":Local Option", a full bodied North American style all natural amber lager. Great hop characteristics and slightly lower in alcohol (4.8% for historical reasons) that makes it a great session beer."
oooh - a "full-bodied" lager - sounds exciting! :o

I know so many of the beers I find do not have "Great hop characteristics" so its great to finally see one that has "Great hop characteristics"...