Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Founders

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Sanchex wrote:
Bobsy wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:I don't think that Sammy would lie about this sort of thing, I mean a guy with over 5000 BA reviews, belongs to numerous private order groups and probably has about 10 trades on the go right now probably doesn't have the time to go posting false information on beer forums. If the source was anybody else I would question it but you could name just about any North American city and he will tell you what bars, bottle shops and brewery's to visit. So there are my two cents on that matter, I'm sure he has a reliable source that he is going on. End rant :D
I wonder how many of those trades people were happy with? I know a few folks on BA who feel burned by Sammy's 'substitutions' on the fly. Whether he is credible as a source or not I cannot say, but I have very little respect for his approach to craft beer, and his dealings with other people in the community, and I know I am not alone in this view.

Also, as the BFG for much of Canada I can say that is someone has entered a beer incorrectly in my region it's usually Sammy, and viggo will say the same for Ontario. I guess numbers doesn't always equal knowledge...
been a while since i checked in on bartowel and i remember why. personal slanderous crap. good job!
whatever dirty sanchex!
Fuckin' magnets... How do they work?

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

did I slander somebody?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

PeenSteen wrote:did I slander somebody?

No man, don't worry about that.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Both Bobsy and your posts present compelling arguments with adequate evidence. Sanchex is just being a big stupid dumb-dumb head. :evil:

Sanchex

Post by Sanchex »

JesseM wrote:
Both Bobsy and your posts present compelling arguments with adequate evidence. Sanchex is just being a big stupid dumb-dumb head. :evil:
"compelling arguments"... "dumb-dumb head"... thanks for reinforcing my point.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Sanchex wrote:
JesseM wrote:
No problem man. Also, Google sarcasm, irony, exaggeration, decaf coffee, 'chill pill' etc. Sometimes it's hard to see through all the shit when your head is stuck so far up your ass. :)

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

JesseM wrote:
Sanchex wrote:
JesseM wrote: Both Bobsy and your posts present compelling arguments with adequate evidence. Sanchex is just being a big stupid dumb-dumb head. :evil:
No problem man. Also, Google sarcasm, irony, exaggeration, decaf coffee, 'chill pill' etc. Sometimes it's hard to see through all the shit when your head is stuck so far up your ass. :)

If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

hopaddict

Post by hopaddict »

does this mean that we're not getting DFH 90 min either???