Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hitachino Nest White

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Gedge
Bar Fly

Hitachino Nest White

Post by Gedge »

Picked up a bottle this morning at the Front/Union LCBO. Going to try it tonight.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Beautiful pour, good body for a Witbier and lots of good citrus and light spicy herb flavors that don't dominate. Will have to re-rate completely for freshness.
In Beerum Veritas

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

I'm not really a white beer fan, but I didn't mind this one. The citrus was there, orangey, but not cloying or oversweet like the Rickard's White. Would like to try one on a hot day.

Love the label on these beers.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

fairly decent white ale...

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

tried this tonight. it that gross sour malt flavour you get from American macros. beyond that it was okay. but overall kinda gross.
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

really liked this one, just to expensive to session

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

matt7215 wrote:really liked this one, just to expensive to session

Yep. Why pay $4.00 for a standard wit in a small serving? Yeah, an interesting brewery, but not worth the price tag IMO.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
matt7215 wrote:really liked this one, just to expensive to session

Yep. Why pay $4.00 for a standard wit in a small serving? Yeah, an interesting brewery, but not worth the price tag IMO.
its a bit more interesting then a standard wit, its my fav that we currently have availible but as we have both said its to expensive for the serving size for this style.

part of what makes session beers great is being able to afford sessioning them

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

It is a really nice beer, hopefully we see more Hitachino Nest in the future. I bought a couple extra to support R+R and the knowledge that their cut is going to Japan Relief efforts makes it easier to take the price.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole