Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rogue Brewery Feature - June 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

korguy123

Post by korguy123 »

GregClow wrote:Couple of updates on this release:
2) Stock of Double Dead Guy will be quite low - only 20 cases, I've been told - so it will be limited to around 5 stores (with Summerhill and Cooper St. being likely for Toronto). The rest of the beers will be available in 25 locations.
That's quite disappointing... If any come to Barrie I'll be grabbing them all.

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

1) Despite the original announcement saying that it would be in stores around the end of June, it's now planned for the end of May.

2) Stock of Double Dead Guy will be quite low - only 20 cases, I've been told - so it will be limited to around 5 stores (with Summerhill and Cooper St. being likely for Toronto). The rest of the beers will be available in 25 locations.

I got a bottle of double dead guy in vermont? I think last year and hated it. Had that really strong alcohol taste and not much else.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

korguy123 wrote:
That's quite disappointing... If any come to Barrie I'll be grabbing them all.
Hey! I want some too! :o

:lol:

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

LondonBeer wrote:

1) Despite the original announcement saying that it would be in stores around the end of June, it's now planned for the end of May.

I got a bottle of double dead guy in vermont? I think last year and hated it. Had that really strong alcohol taste and not much else.
Had one in Vermont last weekend and had a similar opinion - didn;t quite hate it, but it was overly boozy. At least the Brutal Bitter will find a place in my fridge.

korguy123

Post by korguy123 »

LondonBeer wrote:

Mmmmmm I love it fresh, and age really mellows out the booze which makes it good for another reason.

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

Any solid release date for the rogue beers? I see they are listed now but no stock yet.

hammy78

Post by hammy78 »

I also noticed they were listed but I only counted 5, wasn't there supposed to be 6? Does anyone know the stores that will be carrying them?

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

hammy78 wrote: Does anyone know the stores that will be carrying them?
I'm kinda thinking the stores will be the same stores that featured the DDC release of last year. If I remember GTA, Oakville, Guelph, London, Ottawa. There should still be that list on this board somewhere.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

hammy78 wrote:I also noticed they were listed but I only counted 5, wasn't there supposed to be 6? Does anyone know the stores that will be carrying them?
The Morimoto is not showing on the website.

hammy78

Post by hammy78 »

Does that mean we're gonna have to travel outside of Hamilton?

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

hammy78 wrote:Does that mean we're gonna have to travel outside of Hamilton?
If you want some, probably. But you will have to buy enough to make the drive worthwhile. Just phone ahead if you go to make sure it is actually there.

Personally, if it doesnt make it to Hamilton......I dont "road trip" anymore.

hammy78

Post by hammy78 »

LOL. Well I don't mind a little adventure now and then. I look forward to these releases, as I haven't had much exposure to Rogue yet.

heebes

Post by heebes »

4 of these have arrived in guelph

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Awesome, so many new beers this week.

Anyone know the story on the Rogue Morimoto? Hoping it is just delayed.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

London Towellers - the Brutal, Northwestern, Somer Orange, and Chipotle are now at the Richmond & Fanshawe LCBO. Cheers!