Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rogue Brewery Feature - June 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Good thing I'm going to Toronto tomorrow.

Paul at the Buddha

Post by Paul at the Buddha »

Laughing Buddha has the Brutal, Northwestern, Orange Honey and the Chipotle Ale... give me the day to get some room in the fridge and we should be able to enjoy these on Saturday.
Paul is the purchaser for the Laughing Buddha and Townehouse Tavern in Sudbury. A great combination of live independent music, good food and interesting beers. 2 bars, 440 seats, 15 taps, 120 bottles, 40 Whiskies and the best patio around.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Nice gent at Queen's Quay said just 9 stores will receive the entire 20 cases of Double Dead Guy. Among those the usual suspects (SH. QK, some forlorn Ottawa store) but he did not specify all stores because gosh darn it the store numbers were a mystery. I am betting on Barrack Street Kingston and Quinte Mall Belleville, plus perhaps that Speedvale Guelph store and Morningside Scarborough.

I'm not even sure I want any Double Dead Guy, except that I want to compete with you all for it and it's a decent price. Have to say I liked it on draught at Coles. I'm sure the 'beer bars' cant wait to hog it all for a 30-dollar mark up. No reservations though, so it's all hitting the shelf - supposedly.
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I'm going to be pillaging Toronto stores for stock first thing tomorrow, for the London beer geeks, if any are interested.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Belgian wrote:No reservations though, so it's all hitting the shelf - supposedly.
Maybe save me a few Toronto bottles for when I come visit Rondon, Ren. :D
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:
Belgian wrote:No reservations though, so it's all hitting the shelf - supposedly.
Of course I wirr.

I wirr be preased to do so.

I do not take arr the stock, just enough to furrfirr by fantasies, and perhaps meet the needs of a few rocar beer geeks too. Though rast time I did that, my hard work went unappreciated, so I may not make as much of an effort.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Belgian wrote:
Of course I wirr.

I do not take arr the stock, just enough to furrfirr by fantasies, and perhaps meet the needs of a few rocar beer geeks too. Though rast time I did that, my hard work went unappreciated, so I may not make as much of an effort.
The masonville lcbo had all but the soba and double dead guy today. Was going to take all the brutal so I could be THAT guy but left lots for others. Hope I'm not on the lack of appreciation list as I appreciated the fact you got the Beaver for me (ha ha) and said so. Anyway keep up the good work.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

LondonBeer wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
Belgian wrote: Maybe save me a few Toronto bottles for when I come visit Rondon, Ren. :D
Of course I wirr.

The masonville lcbo had all but the soba and double dead guy today. Was going to take all the brutal so I could be THAT guy but left lots for others. Hope I'm not on the lack of appreciation list as I appreciated the fact you got the Beaver for me (ha ha) and said so. Anyway keep up the good work.
No, nothing like that. More like lots of work, very few participants. Seemed there was no real interest.

But thanks for the info! Poaching Toronto stores makes me really happy, but poaching Masonville makes me almost as happy.

Cheers

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
LondonBeer wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote: Of course I wirr.

No, nothing like that. More like lots of work, very few participants. Seemed there was no real interest.

But thanks for the info! Poaching Toronto stores makes me really happy, but poaching Masonville makes me almost as happy.

Cheers
Stick it to those bmw driving yuppies :)

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

The limited numbers released is a bit of a disappointment. I'm guessing the stock numbers showing in the LCBO listings will be depleted in less than a week or so.
Aventinus rules!

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

I had to ask someone to get me some from the back at St. Lawrence Market LCBO yesterday. She said they were almost sold out already and it hadn't yet been put out on the shelves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

LondonBeer wrote:Stick it to those bmw driving yuppies :)
So sayeth the inbred hicks of southwestern Ontario. :)
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

lister wrote:
LondonBeer wrote:Stick it to those bmw driving yuppies :)
So sayeth the inbred hicks of southwestern Ontario. :)
I'd drive a German car in a heartbeat, maybe an Audi A-series. It's just that none are low-cost to maintain as they get to be 3-4 years old.

I admire those of you who manage to do your beer hunting without a vehicle! Any car at all cuts deeply into your leisure/beer budget.
In Beerum Veritas

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Belgian wrote:I admire those of you who manage to do your beer hunting without a vehicle! Any car at all cuts deeply into your leisure/beer budget.
Belgian admires me! He really admires me! :lol:

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Belgian wrote:I'd drive a German car in a heartbeat, maybe an Audi A-series. It's just that none are low-cost to maintain as they get to be 3-4 years old.
I've just spent the past month driving out to fucking Ingersoll* so I've managed to rent (I'm not using my car for work!!) an Audi A3 several times. Ugly exterior but a very nice ride. That thing has got some nice power, I can't imagine what the higher end cars are like.

I'm still jonsing to take a 370Z out for a drive. *sigh*

Oh, no Double Dead Guy at King & Spadina. :-? I just want one bottle...

*What a tiny little hole that place is. Ugh.
lister