Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Brewery Market

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

The Brewery Market

Post by Cass »

I'm happy to announce the creation of a new beer event series - The Brewery Market.

In partnership with The Stop Community Food Centre and the Artscape Wychwood Barns, we're going to be hosting casual brewery tastings on Sundays throughout the summer, inspired by a farmer's market.

Every Sunday a different brewery will be exclusively featured, with a few of their beers available for tasting and meeting the people behind the beers. No admission or ticket price, just buying your own beer. No sample sizes, just regular sized glasses.

Wood-baked pizza will also be available at the events, made by The Stop Community Food Centre, a charitable organization with a functioning greenhouse within the Barns.

The first one is happening on May 29th and the featured brewery will be Flying Monkeys.

Take a look at the web site here:

http://brewerymarket.com/

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Oh yes! I'll be there.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

First event: Flying Monkeys.

http://brewerymarket.com/?p=112

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

But that’s not all. Flying Monkeys will also be bringing a special brew just for the Brewery Market – but you’re going to have to come up to the Barns to see what it is!
Something new guys... a great reason to make a trek to a good venue.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I'll be going. Stockyards BBQ is nearby and I haven't been yet.
lister

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

We're going to get a one-off cask from Flying Monkeys as well, along with the other beers they're bringing.

Lister - make sure you check the Stockyards hours - I think they close from 3:30-4:30 or something like that to do a changeover from brunch to dinner.

Hope some folks can make it to this one and others. Be sure to track me down and say hi.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Cass wrote:Lister - make sure you check the Stockyards hours - I think they close from 3:30-4:30 or something like that to do a changeover from brunch to dinner.
Yup, I make it a point to always check the hours of places particularly when I'm making an effort to go there.

Do you know if during brunch they serve just brunch stuff or is the regular lunch menu available? I have yet to decide whether to do lunch or dinner there.
lister

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

To be honest I don't know. It's not a big place so I wouldn't be surprised if brunch was just the brunch menu.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks everyone who came out to the Brewery Market event yesterday. It was quite a time - 5 great beers on tap from Flying Monkeys and fresh pizza. And the rains held off as well!

Next week: Denison's, with Weisse & Dunkel available on tap.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Is there a schedule ready for the rest of the summer already? Calendar is getting busy quickly!

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Hi Jeremy,

I can't resist "telling You where to go." On The Bar Towel Homepage scroll down to The Brewery Market, click then head to Schedule and voila. It was nice seeing You and Karen yesterday.

Cheers, Doug

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I did check the website but apparently I am not very observant :oops:
Thanks Doug!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Date Brewery
May 29 Flying Monkeys, Barrie
June 5 Denison’s, Toronto
June 12 Amsterdam, Toronto
July 10 Granite Brewery, Toronto
July 17 Muskoka Cottage Brewery, Bracebridge
July 24 Cameron’s, Oakville
August 14 F&M, Guelph
August 28 Indie Alehouse, Toronto
September 11 Great Lakes Brewery, Toronto
September 18  Grand River, Cambridge
September 25 Beau’s All-Natural, Vankleek Hill

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks to BlogTO for a little write up with a bunch of pics about Sunday's event:

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2011/05 ... ood_barns/

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »