Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Private Order - Winter 2010

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

I received my notice in April, paid for the order on April 14, and requested that it be sent to my local store ( Meadowvale )
I have had private orders sent to that store before, and they have always arrived within 2 weeks..
I went to the store last week ( 6 weeks from payment ) and spoke to the CSR who I usually deal with. She was very helpful and investigated for me. Turns out that the the order is lost. I got a call from Head Office yesterday to arrange a credit for the lost case.
:(
Last edited by hopdevil on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

hopdevil wrote:I received my notice in April and paid for order on April 14 and requested that it be sent to my local store ( Meadowvale )
I have had private orders sent to that store before, and they have always arrived within 2 weeks..
I went to the store last week ( 6 weeks from payment ) and spoke to the CSR who I usually deal with. She was very helpful and investigated for me. Turns out that the the order is lost. I got a call from Head Office yesterday to arrange a credit for the lost case.
:(
How do they lose a private order? It's not like it could have ended up on a shelf at another store by mistake. I think your order got "lost" in some LCBO employee's fridge...

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:How do they lose a private order? It's not like it could have ended up on a shelf at another store by mistake. I think your order got "lost" in some LCBO employee's fridge...
Lost mine too. Got my money back pretty easily, though.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:How do they lose a private order? It's not like it could have ended up on a shelf at another store by mistake. I think your order got "lost" in some LCBO employee's fridge...
One way they can "lose" an order is by not really trying to find it. That's what happened with my last private order.

I went to my LCBO twice looking for my order after I'd read that other people in town had received theirs (the LCBO hadn't called me). Multiple employees "looked" for the order (although some of them obviously had no clue since they didn't initially believe I could pick up a private order at the store...). We had just started whatever steps would be necessary to get a refund when the manager showed up with my order. Turns out it was there all the time (in the right place).

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

hops are your friend wrote:
One way they can "lose" an order is by not really trying to find it....
Maybe "lost" is the wrong word for my example then, 'cause they had four people looking for it. They even invited me back to help. It wasn't there. Either it never arrived (and HQ says it did), it never got off the truck, or someone else got it.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman