Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dmits

Post by dmits »

Finishing up a glass of Panil while smoking a Hemingway Short Story... Two delicious things that have no business being paired together.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

dmits wrote:Finishing up a glass of Panil while smoking a Hemingway Short Story... Two delicious things that have no business being paired together.

How did it work?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Was at the Burlngton Sound of Music Festival tonight. No Nickel Brook Headstock IPA (as advertised on the OCB Craft Beer Week website) in the beer garden I was in. Had a dark beer from Nickelbrook. Can't even remember the name now. They may be my hometown brewer and I'd like to support them more, but unfortunately I wasn't impressed with this offering.

dmits

Post by dmits »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
dmits wrote:Finishing up a glass of Panil while smoking a Hemingway Short Story... Two delicious things that have no business being paired together.

How did it work?
Put the glass aside for 20 minutes and finished the cigar. Seemed to work best, IMO Panil tastes even better when it has lost some of its carbonation. I've been drinking it by the half bottle and corking with a reuseable wine cork and saving the other half for the next day for a while, may sound crazy, but it almost tastes better the next day, lighter carbonation and bigger acidity.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Good time yesterday with those who came out for the Tenth anniversary brew day

At Great Lakes
Crazy Canuck
Devils Pale Ale

At C'est What
Black Oak Summer Saison
Granite Hopping Mad
Flying Monkey's Smashbomb

At BeerBistro
Saison DuPont
Cantillion Fou'Feune (thanks Viggo)

At Volo
House Ales Fred's Not Here
House Ales Tim's Way
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Been sipping on a 6 pack of garrisson hopyard pale today. Man does this beer kickass. Nice and clean with a good hop profile. Loving how dry it is. I hope to drink this all summer long.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

homebrewed berliner weisse batch 3

jprime

Post by jprime »

Rogue Soba
Blonde de Chamble
Mad Tom
DDC Chaman x 2
Bells Amber Ale

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

S. St. Jeb wrote:Was at the Burlngton Sound of Music Festival tonight. No Nickel Brook Headstock IPA (as advertised on the OCB Craft Beer Week website) in the beer garden I was in. Had a dark beer from Nickelbrook. Can't even remember the name now. They may be my hometown brewer and I'd like to support them more, but unfortunately I wasn't impressed with this offering.
Was back at the Festival on Saturday. Noticed a Flying Monkey's canopy outside of the Red Canoe on John St. Yes, they had Smashbomb, so I got my first try of it. Excellent.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

matt7215 wrote:homebrewed berliner weisse batch 3
How is that?!!

I drank a Schultheiss Berliner Kindl this afternoon, unfortunately the 'Waldmeister' flavored version. Blek. Hopefully Berlin will make up for that!

The Konig Ludwig Dunkel was great, and Andechs Spezial Helles is a whopping tasty lager as well. And a few Franziskaner Hefeweizen on tap did no harm whatsoever.
In Beerum Veritas

bartle

Post by bartle »

Stone - Lucky Bastard. This one is really growing on me. There is a richness in the malt flavour that really does balance out the fact that the bitterness is even reaching the roof of my mouth. Caramel and sweet with this cherry port aroma and lingering flavour from the alcohol. The finish is nice and dry despite the big alcohol and sweet flavours that get cut with a very piney bitterness. Not getting any of the oak, but I'm also not complaining.
enjoi

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Cameron's Oak Aged Series, American Whiskey Barrel. Picked this up at the brewery, not bad, but a little steep for 12 bucks for a bomber. Not sure what the base beer in it is, the Cameron's Dark 266? Has a slight whiskey taste and dark red hue. Would probably do better aged and clocks in at 7.4 %

Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

The Great Gatsby

Post by The Great Gatsby »

Fantôme Magic Ghost.

Glad a brought some of this back with me. Its straight-up green in color and perfect for these summer nights.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Over the weekend, before I broke my toe :(

Dieu du Ciel Chaman
Russian River Salvation (shared with Larry Kress)
BDT ESB
Moylan's Barleywine
Moylan's Hopsickle Impy IPA

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

From Thur-Sun

On Tap:
Founder's Ceriese
Three Floyds Zombie Dust
Three Floyds Dreadnaught
Three Floyds Gumball Head
Three Floyds Arctic Panzer Wolf