Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brydens

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Garthicus

Brydens

Post by Garthicus »

Forgive me if this thread already exists, I'm posting from my iPhone and can't be arsed to use the search function ;)

Anyhow, what a gem of a place this is. I come here perhaps twice a week for a quick pint after work. Currently I'm sitting at the bar enjoying a Cask pint of Great lakes 'Bag of mangoes' ale. Cheap and cheerful and friendly staff too.

Al
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Just wondering - could it have been the Black Oak Mango Saison? (both servers said it was GL)
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

Probably GL, they had "Bag O Mangoes" at Session99...

I agree, Bryden's is great.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Never even heard of Brydens. What is it a beer bar? It may be worth checking out on my next visit.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

Yeah, they're a beer bar in bloor west, laid back place, good brunch and the owner is good friends with Lackey. Lots of good beer on tap.
SteelbackGuy wrote:Never even heard of Brydens. What is it a beer bar? It may be worth checking out on my next visit.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Never even heard of Brydens. What is it a beer bar? It may be worth checking out on my next visit.
Here is an older review of Bryden's I did a long time ago... it has gotten even better since then. Only one macro tap line left - Moosehead for the diehards

http://bit.ly/iTRepN

And here is an interview I did with the owner (Tash) back in November 2010

http://bit.ly/jDtDiu

Bryden's has become my west-end local and my off site office for TAPS meetings. Solid food, good staff, and a great line-up of local beers.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

I am very impressed with food/menu every time I go, a large step above pub grub for sure. Oh, and the beer selection is the best in the Village.

bostonfox

Post by bostonfox »

mistermurphy wrote:Yeah, they're a beer bar in bloor west, laid back place, good brunch and the owner is good friends with Lackey. Lots of good beer on tap.

Thanks to all for all the nice comments(no Alan isn't on the payroll)...but being good friends with Mike Lackey might be the worst compliment I ever got...
Last edited by bostonfox on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

bostonfox wrote: Thanks to all for all the nice comments(no Alan isn't on the payroll)...but being good friends with Mike Lackey might be the worst compliment I ever got...
Is it better to be bad friends with Mike Lackey? Wait... uh... don't answer that :)

thelynchfella

Post by thelynchfella »

Love the bar!! I live beside it, and love dropping in after work!!

Frere Ambroise

Post by Frere Ambroise »

Great place for beer -- and the food is pretty amazing too. Very creative and compliments the craft tap selection quite nicely. Cheers!