Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

More Double Dead Guy?

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

IPASlav

More Double Dead Guy?

Post by IPASlav »

Weren't we supposed to get another 45 cases of DDG? It's still showing up on the search and not as a discontinued product like the other Rogues...

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

I wouldn't mind trying a fresh batch. I have a 2008 bottle that I'm a little scared of.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

From Facebook:

North American Craft

‎45 new cases of Double Dead Guy ale is landing at the Lcbo in the next little while. We found our shipment!

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

Queen's Quay LCBO has them on the shelves. I was in today to get some Red Racer, and I found them sitting near the other summer premium releases. I took two – at least 6 left – not sure how many are in the back.

TJ

Post by TJ »

cmadd wrote:Queen's Quay LCBO has them on the shelves. I was in today to get some Red Racer, and I found them sitting near the other summer premium releases. I took two – at least 6 left – not sure how many are in the back.
There were two left about an hour ago. It's worth trying, but not something to get too excited about in my opinion.

There was lots of Chipotle, Morimoto and Orange Honey there as well. These just don't seem to be moving at all.

IPASlav

Post by IPASlav »

Crap - while I was picking up the Red Racer, they would have been RIGHT THERE...

well, with 45 cases, hopefully I'll be able to get my hand on at least one bottle, and if not, as a lot of people said, it doesn't sound like they most amazing beer ever. Still - would really like to try it...

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Got a few to London, and drinking one now. Pretty rough stuff. Sheesh.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

TJ wrote:
cmadd wrote:Queen's Quay LCBO has them on the shelves. I was in today to get some Red Racer, and I found them sitting near the other summer premium releases. I took two – at least 6 left – not sure how many are in the back.
There were two left about an hour ago. It's worth trying, but not something to get too excited about in my opinion.

There was lots of Chipotle, Morimoto and Orange Honey there as well. These just don't seem to be moving at all.
One left.... I grabbed one as I was picking up some Red Racer last night.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

There were about a dozen at Crossroads this morning ... I only took two.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

midlife crisis wrote:There were about a dozen at Crossroads this morning ... I only took two.
I was in the city this afternoon attending a BBQ in the vicinity of the Crossroads LC. I went in there to grab some CC Red Racer (which, AFAIC, is now the best canned beer available in Ontario, WADR to Fullers ESB/Porter, GL Crazy Canuck, etc.) and was surprised to see a lone bottle of Rogue DDG on the shelf.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

They are not showing up on the inventory today (they did yesterday) so I guess they all sold.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I have a few extra bottles available if anyone in the GTA wants to do an in-person trade.

IPASlav

Post by IPASlav »

Damnsit!!!!

I blame my wedding!!! I got married yesterday and couldn't make it anywhere at all this weekend!

My wife is pretty awesome, though, I must say...

...Wow...my "wife"!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

It is a pretty rough beer.

Sweet, cloying, unbalanced ,low carbonation, overly caramel malty. Blech. If you paid $5.00 for that bottle, you've overpaid.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

irishkyle21

Post by irishkyle21 »

Agree with SteelbackGuy on this one. If you missed this beer you really didn't miss much.
We can get drunker than this!!