Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Any good places near Malone, NY?

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Any good places near Malone, NY?

Post by JeffPorter »

To buy and bring back beer.

It's pretty out in the middle of nowhere, in the adirondacks I know, but we're taking the kids there to see one of the "Little House" homesteads.

(Son loves the "little house" books, what can I say?)

Is it worth bothering being so far out of an urban centre?

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

Potsdam is probably your best bet.

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... 0d4b5fc391

There's also some place called Bark's Beer Cave in PLattsburg if you find yourself over there.

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

Maybe this quote from the Potsdam IGA facebook page will entice you:

"For those that are waiting... We have the Dogfish Head 120 hooked up to a draft gun in our kegerator. We have been filling purged 16oz growlers and will continue until its gone. We have been having many requests for growlers of this rare brew so if you cant get in here right away lets us know and we will save one for you.
16oz with the growler to keep is $8.99. 64oz $32.99"