Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Ultimate Two-Four

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zane9

The Ultimate Two-Four

Post by zane9 »

The Grid TO just put out a list of the "24 Canadian beers you need to drink now."

No doubt the list will be controversial, depending on your level of beer geekishness. But all in all it's great to see the ongoing visibility given to the craft beer world in Canada.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

In defense of its including awful tasting beers (in my opinion), they didn't really attempt to make them out to be anything more than watery stuff that gets you drunk or goes down with no flavour.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

There are only 3 macros on the list, and each got a nod only for their "retro-ness" or place in history.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I REALLY want to try Howe Sound's Imperial Pumpkin...apparently Volo is going to have it available by the glass this coming Tuesday.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:I REALLY want to try Howe Sound's Imperial Pumpkin...apparently Volo is going to have it available by the glass this coming Tuesday.
It is worth seeking out if you like pumpkin beer.

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

lol at Maximum Ice. Brings me back to the good ol' trailer park days.
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Max Ice is weak. Black Bull is the swill with bang for your buck.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

mintjellie wrote:Max Ice is weak. Black Bull is the swill with bang for your buck.
Like a good friend used to say, "A beer of this quality can only be consumed appropriately out of a paper bag."

I've been tempted to organize a tasting of "aerosol cheeses and malt liquors of the world" but I dont know anyone still living in a trailer park to host.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

iguenard wrote:
mintjellie wrote:Max Ice is weak. Black Bull is the swill with bang for your buck.
Like a good friend used to say, "A beer of this quality can only be consumed appropriately out of a paper bag."

I've been tempted to organize a tasting of "aerosol cheeses and malt liquors of the world" but I dont know anyone still living in a trailer park to host.
I'll dig out my ballcap and sweatpants, or as a friend likes to call them "daytime drinking pants". Don't forget to have some diet pop on hand to cleanse the palate. Coors Light should do.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

iguenard wrote:

I want to do this now.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

That list is half legitimate and half boneheaded. Whoever can put Peche Mortel between Molson 67 and Maximum Ice is frankly taste impaired. I don't care how hipster some beers might be they don't belong in an ultimate 24.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Jon Walker wrote:That list is half legitimate and half boneheaded. Whoever can put Peche Mortel between Molson 67 and Maximum Ice is frankly taste impaired. I don't care how hipster some beers might be they don't belong in an ultimate 24.
Jon I'm stealing your tagline. That's hilarious!
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.